Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have swollen ankles legs abdomen hands suffer with head aches

Customer Question

I have swollen ankles legs abdomen hands suffer with head aches and diarrhea,I am over weight and find it hard to lost any weight I excersise for about 4 hours a week
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Have you seen a doctor for this and gotten any tests for it? Any medical conditions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes had A blood test to check my thyoid and hormone level check these came back normal, the diarrhea is main in the morning

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Do you know what your TSH level was? Were your cortisol levels checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No was just told normal by gp who didn't want to check them and no my cortisol level was checked well I don't think so ,I don't have any other illness apart I do have bad moan swings and Times of depression,I have a sterilization in August before had the Implant for 11 years

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK. Your GP may not be aware of the newer guidelines that say that if your TSH is over 3.0, with your symptoms, you should be considered hypothyroid and be placed on thryoid supplementation. You also need the cortisol levels checked because this could be a problem with high cortisol.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So what is cortisol levels

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Cortisol is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands and sometimes there can be what's called adrenal hyperplasia where too much cortisol is secreted and that can cause symptoms like yours.