Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

WHAT A MESS I AM IN;-((((. I HAD TO HAVE MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED

Customer Question

WHAT A MESS I AM IN;-((((. I HAD TO HAVE MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED 10 DAYS AGO. IT WAS INFLAMED AND HAD STONES AND SLUDGE;-(;-(. I HAVE HEALTH ISSUES WITH FIBROMYALGIA/FATIGUE/CHRONIC PAIN/ACID REFLUX THAT HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE OVER TIME..SLEEP APNEA...AND TAKE ALOT OF MEDS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO GET OFF OF EVENTUALLY. AFTER SURGERY I DEVELOPED ORAL THRUSH......WHICH I KNOW BELIEVE IS SYSTEMIC CANDIDA. I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SUGAR AT ALL SINCE SURGERY BUT HAD BEEN ON MYCELEX TROCHES 5 TIMES A DAY THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO TAKE FOR 3 WEEKS. I HAD TO BACK OFF THEM AS I AM A HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON AND I AM SURE I AM HAVING CANDIDA DIE OFF SYMPTOMS. MY BODY
REEKS OF SOME GROSS GREASY SMELL THAT IS DISGUSTING;(;(;(;(.,,,, I KNOW I SHOULDN'T EAT THE APPLES THAT I HAVE BUT HAVE A MOTILITY ISSUE WITH MY COLON AND A PELVIC FLOOR ISSUE THAT I WENT TO PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR 6 MONTHS.......I SMELL ROTTING ANIMALS IN MY HOUSE AS WE HAVE A MOUSE PROBLEM AS WELL....NO ONE ELSE CAN SMELL THESE SMELLS? THEY DON'T SMELL ANYTHING ON ME OR IN THE ROOMS WHERE I SMELL DEAD ANIMALS. I AM TRYING TO DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS I POSSIBLE CAN TO FLUSH OUT THESE TOXINS.....BUT I HAVE BEEN MISERABLE. I MUST EITHER CHANGE MEDICATIONS OR FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO HELP THE YEAST IN MY BODY.....BEING HYPER SENSITIVE IS ONE THING...THEN ADD ON GALLBLADDER REMOVAL AND CANDIDA DIE OFF....AND I FEEL LIKE I AM DYING MYSELF.......I JUST STARTED BACK ON MY PROBIOTIC GARDEN OF LIFE FOR WOMEN OVER 50 AND A SUPPLEMENT BY YOUNG LIVING CALLED ALKALIME THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP BALANCE THE PH IN YOUR BODY. OMG...WHAT A MESS....I HAVE HAD ENOUGH ACHES AND PAINS TO LAST A LIFETIME;(;(;(;(....TY
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,

For the yeast infection, you may consider taking, fluconazole 150 mg every other day for 3 doses, followed by weekly fluconazole 150-200 mg for 3 months.This will eradicate it. Probiotics are good for the resolution of the yeast as well as for the overall health. Treatment of oral thrush involves oral nystatin swish and swallow for adults. Treatment should be continued for 5 to 7 days after the lesions disappear. Clotrimazole troches dissolved in the mouth two to five times daily is an another preferable treatment option. If this topical therapy is not effective, oral ketoconazole, itraconazole, or fluconazole may be prescribed.

Oral thrush has some predisposing factor like;

1) dentures,

2) diabetes mellitus; would need good control.

3) exposed to broad-spectrum antibiotics

4) exposure to inhaled steroids

5) other decreased immunity state / condition

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI....I AM ALREADY DOING THE TROCHES BUT HAD TO TAKE A BREAK DUE TO THE NAUSEA WAS OVERWHELMING.......NOW MY DR HAS PRESCRIBED....fluconazole....100 MG FOR 7 DAYS. I HAVE TAKEN THIS BEFORE...BUT..JUST 1 TABLET AT A TIME......HE DID SAY THAT THERE ARE POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS AS WELL AND I SHOULD HAVE A BACK UP PLAN...WHICH I DO AS I BOUGHT SOME CANDEX AND NEED TO INCREASE MY PROBIOTIC AS WELL....I WAS TOLD ONLY TO EAT MEAT AND VEGETABLES;(;(;(.... WONDERFUL......WHEN I SAW MY SURGEON TODAY HE SAID HE SAW NO THRUSH IN MY MOUTH...BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GONE.......CONFUSED ON WHERE TO TURN NEXT?
Kelly,

You should wait for 3-4 days to see, if Fluconazole is showing response. If this does not improve the symptoms or you have adverse effects, you may change the anti yeast medications. As you know, probiotics play a significant role, so you may continue them. Drinking plenty of fluid would help. Good diet rich in following may also be beneficial;

1) green vegetables
2) fruits
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fish.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU....
You are very welcome, Kelly.