Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hello, I was wondering what I could do for a burning hurting

Hello, I was wondering what I could do for a burning hurting pain that feels like its in my kiddneys both sides I was told by my doctor that I have sponge kiddneys, does that have anything to do with it? I just started a diet about 3 weeks ago and started to drink a lot of water from the faucet, would that be part of it. I also have problems with kiddney stones.

Greetings Weldon.

Since when is the burning hurting pain?
Where is it exactly located on both the sides?
Do you have tenderness, boating, gas, nausea, constipation / diarrhea, urinary burning, increased frequency of urination, loss of appetite, feverish feeling?
Any significant past history or surgery?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the burning hurting started 10/30/12 but is hurting about an 8 right now
It is right around the waist area and more on right side than left.

I do not have any tenderness, boating, gas, constipation / diarrhea, urinary burning, increased frequency of urination? Just that I was told I have sponge kiddneys and I get kiddney stones

Hello Weldon,

Kidney stones are common in medullary sponge kidney. Your symptoms are suggestive of passing of kidney stone. Following may help you;

1) Plenty of water
2) Avoid alcohol and caffeine drinks
3) Vitamin C
4) Cranberry extract capsule.
5) Ibuprofen (Motrin).

You may get an x-ray and ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis. Your present pain severity is high which may need an injectable analgesic and hydration therapy (intravenous fluids which push the stone off to bladder form where it can be passed).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.