Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I noticed a bump on my anus while I was showering. I am a

I noticed a bump on my anus while I was showering. I am a 34 y/o male, I have never noticed this before. It is on the side of my anus, and feels like a small bead. I am not aware that I have ever have hemorrhoids before. I am a very paranoid person and am wondering if I should be concerned with anal cancer. I have no bleeding with a BM and it is not painful.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you. Did you notice it today only?

Best regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The lump on the side of anus sound like external hemorrhoid. This can cause bleeding if ruptured. So you should not try to squeeze it. You need to have a consultation with doctor to get it examined. It does not sound like cancer. Other cause can be a blocked gland, polyp, wart etc. Until then take sitz bath. This consists of sitting in warm water for 10 min. This can be repeated several times a day. If you are constipated, take plenty of fluid, fruits, vegetables, fiber containing food. Try to keep the bowel soft.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask and continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for the last question. I am never constipated. What could have caused this?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
The cause may not always be apparent. There can be sudden straining at stool, sitting long hours in toilet, coughing, lack of dietary fibers etc. Sometimes there can be weakness of tissues there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So I shouldn't freak abt cancer? I am assuming a lump would not show up overnight?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
You should not worry about cancer. It usually does not develop overnight.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last question, should it go away. Art does it stay there?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
It usually subsides gradually over days.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thx ur the best. I did not like dr sasa
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
You are always welcome to Just Answer. Warm Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.