Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

Im a 19 year old male. Ive been growing very slowly over

I'm a 19 year old male. I've been growing very slowly over the of my puberty. Today I barely stand 5ft 5in my dad us 5 8 and my mom is 5 6. Is this normal? Is there a treatment I can take to grow?

What is your weight?

Are you in puberty?

Are you athletic?
Do you sit most of the day?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm 5ft 6in. I'm 19 so I think so. I work out 20 minutes a day. I sit most of thr day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my weight is 124 pounds

Thanks for providing more information.

Height is determined by genetics but it can be influenced by environmental factors, such as illness, physical activity, nutrition, and importantly timing of puberty.

Height gain occurs primarily at the long bones which grow because of the presence of growth plates, one at each end of the bone. Once these growth plate are "ossified" (become solid bones), they can no longer grow, and final height is achieved. This typically occurs around age 15-16 in most children who undergo puberty at an average age.

Once the plates are fused, there is very little growth left, a couple of inches more to final height.

You should stick to a healthy balanced diet high protein diet consisting of lots of animal protein, along with veggies and carbohydrates.

You can gain a half an inch or a little more with structural integration as everyone is somewhat contracted in their some cases an inch.
The best therapy to do this is Alexander technique which unwinds the structure so that it leads in an upward and forward direction through all daily movement.
This is a natural and practical way to be at your natural height, to maximize what you already have.

Otherwise consult an Endocrinologist for a physical examination and if required your doctor may prescribe you Growth hormones.

And it is strongly advised to avoid any online and over the counter products as they are scam and not approved by FDA.

Any product claiming to give you extra height online is a scam.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.