Greetings Kim.Perimenopause can be associated with the anxiety. It is a complex interplay of the hormones, which body and mind are trying to adjust. If your thyroid hormone were not done; these may be considered to ascertain the cause of your manifestations. Hypoglycemia can be responsible for anxiety experienced at 4 AM to 8 AM. You may get a blood sugar by the home glucometer. Meanwhile following would be able to help you in the anxiety management;1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.
2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.
4) Acupuncture and acupressure
7) Group sporting activities
8) St. John's wort
9) Melatonin10) Valerian root
Following herbs may help in perimenopause symptoms;
1) Evening primrose oil
2) St. John's wort
3) South Pacific herb kava; this has sedative action as well anxiety reduction property.
Following dietary measures help in low iron;
1) Cream of Wheat
2) Prune juice
4) All-Bran cereal
6) Dried beans and peas
7) Liver, chicken
8) Kidney, beef
9) Liver, calf
10) Liver, beef
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply." Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
My thyroid studies were all normal. It just seems odd to wake up every morning at 4 am, no matter what time I go to sleep. I've even tried eating greek yogurt before I go to bed to see if that will help. thank you
1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; Prilosec
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.