I agree that hormonal issue like thyroid abnormality can explain all of your symptoms. So hormonal assessment would be the best as the first step. The other possibilites to look for your symptoms would be;
1) autoimmune disorders. A rheumatologist would be the specialist to consult.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition, which may have following of the manifestations;
1) widespread muscle pain, "myalgia,"
2) excessive tenderness in many areas of the body
4) sleep disturbances,
6) mood disturbances, such as depression and anxiety.
Laboratory studies and investigative work up like following are done to help rule out diseases with similar manifestations and to assist in diagnosis of certain inflammatory diseases that frequently coexist with fibromyalgia;
1) Complete blood cell (CBC) count and differential count,
2) Basic metabolic panel,
4) Thyroid-stimulating hormone: Hypothyroidism has many similar clinical features with fibromyalgia.
5) Creatinine phosphokinase (CPK) to rule out inflammatory myopathies
6) Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
7) Antinuclear antibodies (ANAs): Many patients with SLE have comorbid fibromyalgia.
8) Rheumatoid factor
9) Sleep studies
If fibromyalgia, lupus, sleep disorders etc can be ruled out; other consideration would be;
1) chronic fatigue syndrome; unexplained, persistent or relapsing fatigue with unrefreshing sleep, muscle pain, concentration problems, headache, sore throat etc.
2) idiopathic fatigue; it does not meet the above criteria.
A consultation with either a rheumatologist or a clinical immunologist would be prudent for an evaluation.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.