Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Hi there, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I cant seem to get a straight

Hi there,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I cant seem to get a straight answer from my OBGYN's office whether to go to the hospital or wait until their next opening which is next week. I am having unusual clotting to go along with my cycle. I have been on my cycle for almost two weeks with no end in sight and for the last five days my clots have been large in size. When I say large I mean 3-6", dark in color, and very thick. Should I go in or should I wait?
Hello Michelle,

Bigger clots and bleeding from almost two weeks warrant that you go to hospital at the earliest. This duration and amount of bleeding can cause anemia and it is high time that it is investigated by an ultrasound and blood investigations. Following can be the causes;

1) Fibroid uterus
2) Uterine polyp
3) Endocervical polyp
4) Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
5) Prolactin abnormalities
6) Endometrial hyperplasia
7) Other hormonal aberrations.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.