Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have a question about using wheat grass juice to reverse

I have a question about using wheat grass juice to reverse gray hair.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5187324_foods-gray-hair.html

http://www.greenwala.com/channels/food-healthy-living/blog/19567-Beauty-Benefits-of-Wheatgrass-Juice

Does this really work or is it a gimmick? Is it really this easy to protect hair from graying?
Dear customer,
Welcome back & thank you for your trust on this website.I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.

There are various over the counter supplements available but there is no credible medical evidence that the supplements are safe, effective, and perform the way they claim.

Wheat grass juice is one such supplement but is not approved by US FDA(United States Food and Drug Administration).There is no proven studies that confirms that wheat grass juice reverses or prevents the gray hair.

Wheat grass is a remarkable cleanser, detoxifier and can definitely help the body to regenerate itself.It is High in Chlorophyll,contains 20 amino acids,contains as many as 90 out of the possible 102 minerals.

Some autoimmune and genetic conditions are associated with premature graying.If you are very concerned,then I advice you to consult your dermatologist.Do not take these products without your doctors consultation.My advice is don't go for any supplements or any herbal products you have seen in advertisements or websites.There is no scientific proof about their effectiveness in general.

Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've been eating a lot of raw food with my Vitamix blender. I juice spinach, kale, broccoli, bok choy, carrots, and tomatoes daily.

I would like to add wheat grass, but I don't remember ever seeing it in a whole foods store. Is it a food I can buy in the produce section or does it need to be professionally processed?

The claims of reversing gray hair don't seem outrageous after reading what you wrote about how good wheat grass is.

Dear XXXXX,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Wheat grass is not a medication & hence it does not require FDA approval.It is a supplement product.It does not require prescription of doctor.

The health benefits you would receive from consuming wheatgrass juice on a regular basis would be so great that if you did see any results with your hair,then this would be an added bonus.Let your doctor know what supplements are you taking.You can get it at food stores/pharmacy without prescription of doctor.

Also please do not forget to rate my answer as this is the only way by which an expert can get credit for his work.

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found this website to grow wheat grass at home:

http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/

They recommend juicing the grass. I own a Vitamix blender. Is it safe to grow my own wheat grass and blend the grass in my super blender as a drink each morning?

Dear XXXXX,

Yes,you can grow your own wheat grass or you can buy it at a store & can blend in your super blender.There is no harm in doing this way & the quality remains the same.Wheatgrass Juice is very easy to make in the VitaMix.Just Snip, blend, drink.You will need to add water into your blender with your wheatgrass clippings, and then blend them together.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles
Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you started taking wheat grass juice?

Let me know,
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I bought Amazing Grass wheat grass from Sprouts Market. It has a disgusting taste.

I might buy a kit to grow it soon.

I do have a follow up question so I appreciate your follow up.

Is there any risk of wheat allergies? I don't believe I have any propensity towards Celiac disease, but was just curious. Wheat grass has the health benefits of a vegetable,but is still wheat.

Dear customer,

People with a wheat allergy have an abnormal immune system response to at least one of the proteins that exist in wheat.If you have no history of any previous wheat allergy,then you can take it & do not get over concern.

If you have history of allergy towards wheat then following tests may be done:

-Elimination diet test
-Food challenge testing
-Skin-prick test

As you do not have any propensity towards Celiac disease/wheat allergy you can take wheat grass juice.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to be a big wheat grass user if its as beneficial as I think it is and you seem to have a very positive view on wheat grass.

However, how do you respond to the skeptics?

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/04/wheatgrass_madn.html

http://goneraw.com/forum/humans-cant-digest-wheatgrass

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/blog/?p=253

There are three items that concern me:

Skeptics say humans can't digest wheatgrass. Skeptics say wheatgrass enzymes and chlorophyll aren't beneficial to humans