Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I finished my period on Wednesday morning and it still feels

Customer Question

I finished my period on Wednesday morning and it still feels like I have cramps in my lower stomach yea I am sexually active with my bf no protection
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

When was sexual intercourse done?
Do you have nausea?Breast tenderness?
Do you have normal bowel movements?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Friday night before my period my breast were tender one day no my bowels are not normally
Dear Chantelle,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve started working on your question.In the mean time let me know that you have mentioned that you are not having normal bowel movement:

Do you have diarrhea or loose stools?
Ever blood in stool?
Any episode of vomiting?

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diarrhea yes no blood no vomiting
Dear Chantelle,
Thanks for the all the info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

A woman is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.Having sex just before periods can also result in pregnancy but the chances are very slim.

The symptoms you are having can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.The diarrhea & lower abdominal cramps you are having is most probably due to this cause.This may last from several hours to several days and a prescription medication may be required.

You can take the following medications:

-Tab.Acetaminophen for relief from abdominal cramps
-Take tab. Loperamide to stop the diarrhea & loose stools.

Both the medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to go to ER as tests & antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any thing I should eat more of of eat less of
Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Don't take solid diet.Let your stomach rest for few hours after food poisoning., Start with liquid diet.Gradually increase the amount of liquid .Try clear liquids such as flat ginger ale or white soda, broths, popsicles, or apple juice. These will provide an oral source of fluids that are easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.If clear liquids are tolerated, you can start to introduce solid foods.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles