Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I injured my foot appx 4 weeks ago. Should it be turning a

I injured my foot appx 4 weeks ago. Should it be turning a darker color that my other foot?
Hi--how did you injure your foot and can you tell me more about what's happening now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I stood up from a sitting position and began to walk when I feel in the floor. I seen a dr a week or so later who said I had a crack old spurs and fractures sent me for an MRI then to a podiatrist who said he seen none of those things from his x-ray and the MRI. He said severe soft tissue damage. I am still experiencing pain and discomfort and the foot is turning a dark blue color is this normal?

To answer your question, no it is not normal for one foot to be another color than the other. From your description - a dark blue color - this could possibly indicate that there is circulatory damage (the blood vessels may be damaged or there could in a rare case be a clot preventing blood from getting to the foot). It is important that you call your doctor and be seen as soon as possible, or go to the emergency room if your doctor is not available.

Please do respond if you have any more questions about this, so that we can continue to assist you until you are completely satisfied with your answer.
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience: BSN, MSN, CNS