Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

So recently I have been having a bubbling/fluttering feeling

Customer Question

So recently I have been having a bubbling/fluttering feeling in my right thigh. It;s not painful but it's annoying & a little concerning. so for all you medical people out there, I have no redness, swelling or pain just that feeling.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Are you taking any medicines?

Dr. Nomi :

Did you went for jogging today?Or any physical activity?

Customer:

No I'm not and No I didn't do any jogging or physical activity

Customer:

I work at a call centre so I do sit a lot.

Dr. Nomi :

Are you anxious about any thing nowadays?

Customer:

Not really no.

Dr. Nomi :

Any recent history of travel?

Customer:

No none

Dr. Nomi :

Okay thanks.Probably it is just related to sitting for prolonged hours and nothing serious.

Customer:

Oh ok it just kinda concerned me. Why would it be doing something like that?

Dr. Nomi :

However,if it spread to other body parts then we need to see a Physician.

Dr. Nomi :

You can call it kind of blood flow though some tight muscle.

Dr. Nomi :

Some time it is seen in people who have blood clot.

Customer:

Oh ok. It was odd as well bc I would go to get my phone out of my pocket there bc it felt almost like that phone vibration in my pocket.

Dr. Nomi :

However,since there is no other finding so I do not think its serious.

Dr. Nomi :

We call these 'fasciculations'

Dr. Nomi :

However,if they become frequent then it will worry us.

Dr. Nomi :

Just one experience is okay.

Dr. Nomi :

keep y

Customer:

It has been happening for the past month and I feel it over 20 times a day.

Dr. Nomi :

our legs moving while at work.

Customer:

First it was only a little and it's been a lot lately

Dr. Nomi :

Hmmmm.....In this case we have to suspect some neurological problem.

Dr. Nomi :

Do you also feel dizziness or loss of concentration

Customer:

A little I have noticed but nothing major.

Dr. Nomi :

It can be just a 'benign fasciculation syndrome ' which is an innocent problem.However,at the same time it can be start of a major disease like multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.ince you asked this question so its my duty to tell you everything.

Dr. Nomi :

Do not get scared.Just keep an eye on any other weired symptoms and do not ignore them .

Customer:

Ok ty

Dr. Nomi :

You will need to consult a neurologist in case symptoms increase.

Dr. Nomi :

Wish you good health.

Dr. Nomi :

But why?

Dr. Nomi :

We can discuss it further if you like.I tried my best to clear everything to you.

Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry. I mean't to hit excellent as I left but apparently I wasn't paying much attention! I apolgise for this or any worry it may have caused you! I came to look back on it and it said Bad service and you were so kind and explained everything to me clearly. The only thing is I looked up the benign fasciculation syndrome and it really seems to me to be what I have of course I wouldn't really know for sure until going to a Doctor or something but the only last question I had about this if you could answer it for me is there any medication out there to treat this? It's more or less a nusence then a pain issue or something like that... and I am sorry your service was the best! Normally if I go to my family doctor it just gets confusing and I dont feel like my question was answered at all.

Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your feed back as I went upset on your rating.Its fine now.These fasciculations are some times treated by anti anxiety medicines .However,there is no specific treatment for it.Just cut down on tobacco and caffeine if you are taking any of them too much.Take a hot bath before bed.Set your sleep pattern if possible.Relaxation exercises such as yoga or tai chi,walking and stretching will also help.
My best wishes for you.