Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience:  Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting
58853142

Can you get lead poisoning by taking a shower in water which

Can you get lead poisoning by taking a shower in water which has lead in it. I have been told my water is a 14.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

No, the lead in the water cannot penetrate the skin and enter your system

One thing I would add is I would not allow any children to shower or bath in the water. Small children tend to drink some of their bath/shower water. Here is a website from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with further information (http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/tips/water.htm). Though this website is good and states that showering is not a problem, it doesn't take into account the fact that some people, especially children do drink bath/shower water. I know that you are not a child, but it's good to know in case you have others living with you or visitors with children, especially since lead is more harmful to children than adults.

Take care,
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience: Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting
Were you able to see my reply in the chat session?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much. Your advice was helpful. I seem to be having trouble grading you. The computer keeps coming up with an error. The service was very good. Thank you again.
You're welcome, please remember to provide a rating for my response in the chat session