Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

so about the rabies thing i was given a rabies vac. about four

so about the rabies thing i was given a rabies vac. about four or five months ago and then a month ago i came in contact with a raccoon i was then given another type of booster other name brand ok so this week my dog bring this dead raccoon home we had to get it away for her i got worried about sent it off to be tested and it come back that it does have rabies whole family has to get the vac. now this vac. /booster for me is the same as the first one i got just wondering if this is going to be ok or will the two vac work with each other or what should i do about this
Just to clarify--you got the full course of vaccinations for the first contact?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes i did but the first booster was a nother brand of vac.
And now you're to get another booster?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes they said just to be safe becouse it takes a week to do the test for the antibodys
OK. I think your antibody test will show that you are still immune to rabies so this last booster is just icing on the cake, so to speak. As to the brands of vaccines, the booster you're going to get now works basically the same way as the other booster even if it's what you got initially. I don't think you have anything to worry about here--you're safe from rabies
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok so all i wanted to know was if the other manufacturers of the vac. Would counteract eachother or would have some kind of neg. Effect for the vac.
No--the different manufacturers vaccines are basically the same and they won't counteract each other.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OOne last thing can you be over vac. Becouse this just seems like a lot of vac. To me
I really don't think you need the additional booster but I'm not your doctor. The additional booster will have no adverse effect on the immunization to rabies you alread have, though
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I ment to click the best one you did a very good job thanks
That's OK--call on me any time