Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I just noticed a lump on my inner thigh. On my bikini line

I just noticed a lump on my inner thigh. On my bikini line it does not hurt its a little hard what do u think it could be?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have this lump?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Are you sexually active?
Any discharge from genitals?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Had lump for one day. No test have been done. No othet medical illness. Yes sexually active. No discharge coming from.genitals
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The lump you are having can be due to enlarged lymph nodes.Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.A biopsy and culture of the affected area or node may reveal the cause of the inflammation.

Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) may be done.In this technique, a thin, hollow needle is inserted into the mass/lump to extract cells that will be examined under a microscope.Based on this the exact diagnosis can be made.So the most probable cause of your lump seems to be enlarged lymph node due to infection.Antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.

Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-