Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

my fingers have been numb for about two weeks. also my hands

my fingers have been numb for about two weeks. also my hands will get numb but not as bad as fingers. This is on both sides. I do have a cyst on the base of my right wrist but symptoms are in both hands. I have Diabetes 2 and had developed carpal tunnell when I was pregnate four years ago. It took about a year and half for symptoms of the carpell to go away.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr. Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

have you undergone any recent test?
Is there any pain in fingers?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have not gone through any test. no pain in fingers just numbnes in fingers and some in hands and wrist. in is a constant numbness that will ease up a little but never fully goes away. my botXXXXX XXXXXp on the left side went numb yesterday for about five minutes it almost felt like when you are at dentist and and they put a numbing agent on your gums.

Dear Ashley,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The numbness you are having can have all kinds of different causes,as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to:Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.Your carpal tunnel syndrome and/or diabetes seems to be the most probable cause.

The underlying cause of tingling should be identified and then treated by your doctor.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV)
-A1C levels

So I advice you to make an appointment with a neurologist for these tests to know the exact cause & hence its treatment accordingly.
Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Hi Ashley,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
What was the final diagnosis made?
Let me know,
Dr. Charles