Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

My doctor has told me i have damaged tendons in my foot it

My doctor has told me i have damaged tendons in my foot it has been 8 weeks now and it is still very painful to walk, and is keeping me from working is this normal ?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Have you undergone x-rays or other tests?
What is the severity of pain on scale of 1-10?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO X-Rays have been taken only been examined by doctor he knew it was tendon damage because i could not move toes a millameter without it causing alot if pain 8-9 plus the swelling on top of my foot, the pain when standing or walking starts at a 3 then after a short time gets to an 6-8 was worse before but is gradually getting lower
Dear Stuart,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described seems to be due to achilles tendon rupture.The Achilles tendon is fibrous tissue that connects the heel to the muscles of the lower leg: the calf muscles.Achilles Tendonitis is a common disorder of the heel cord whereby inflammation is present in the Achilles tendon.

For diagnosis/confirmation & to know the extend of rupture,you need following tests:Musculoskeletal ultrasonography & x-rays,Simmonds' test (also called the Thompson test-A simple test of squeezing the calf muscles while lying on your stomach should indicate if the tendon is still connected,Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)may be required.

Following treatment option may help you greatly:

-Use Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
-Steroid injections
-Bandaging and orthotic devices, such as shoe inserts and heel lifts, to take the stress off the tendon
-Placing the foot in a cast or restrictive ankle-boot to minimize movement and give the tendon time to heal. This may be recommended in severe cases and used for about eight weeks.

Final decision will be taken by your doctor after physical & clinical examination.As it has already been 8 weeks now and it's still very painful,I advice you to make an appointment with your ortho doctor for these tests & examination & then treatment will be done accordingly.Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-