Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I have a few lumps in m breast, went for a ultra sound scan

Customer Question

I have a few lumps in m breast, went for a ultra sound scan back in february and it all came back normal, no further investigation, Im a bit concerned though because i think I have another one, there quite squashy (rubbery), it just concerns me that there there, its so strange, yet I have been back to my Gp since I had the scan and she never said anything was alarming ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

How many lumps were there?

How large?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think theres about 2 or 3 there quite small quite rubbery?? (had a breast ultra sound back in february conclusion was normal.. just concerned bacause I think i have another one.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

At your age breast lumps are mostly benign.

It is most probably fibroadenoma.

Fibroadenoma, Fibrocystic breast disease are benign condition, does not need any treatment.

In the young age it can regress by its own.

You had ultrasonogram, the doctor did not find any abnormality.

When you are finding a new one, you can take an appointment with doctor to have a look again.

I hope this information helps.

Please continue conversation till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query by using reply button before putting negative rating.

Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This just concerns me greatly, yes the breast scan came back fine, no abnormalities.. its just theres quite a few lumps all different textures, I do have a lump in my arm pit that is small, should t.his concern me at all???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
When did you notice the lump in the arm pit?

How large?

Is it increasing in size?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only noticed this 2 days ago its pretty much the same its hard to distinguish if its a lump it just feels firm very small, hurts when i push on it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
The lump can be due to a few probables.

It can be an inflamed lymph node.

A sebaceous or epidermoid cyst is also possible.

If it does not disappear by itself, you need to have an examination by doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well I do have an appointment for Tuesday just wanted some extra information basicly, would you say that this lump maybe linked to the other lumps I already have?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
It may not be connected to other lumps as scan did not reveal any abnormality.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay thankyou, its just causing me a lot of stress, keep thinking there is something seriously wrong.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
You are always welcome.

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent feed back.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the lump I have is quite hard to distinguish, its in the outer breast tissue on the right hand side, Id say just under the crease of your arm, do you know what the possibilities of this could be? Im 21

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question. This has already been answered. Possibilities for a lump are sebaceous cyst, an inflamed lymph node or less likely an epidermoid cyst. If it is in the breast tissue, then it could just be a fibrocystic change. This used to be called "fibrocystic breast disease" but isn't any more since so many women have the benign fibrocystic changes to their breasts each month. It's good that you are seeing someone on Tuesday for an exam. Odds are there is nothing at all wrong.

All the best,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been refered for a breast scan next week, Iv been waiting 3 weeks for a scan i still feel fine but the lump has not changed in size or shape and im feeling well, do you reckon i should be concerned Im starting to panic now as it gets closer...

I don't see any reason to panic. The scan is just to make sure that the lump is innocent. It is very unusual for there to be a malignancy in a woman your age. They are usually just fibrocystic changes or cysts of one kind or another. In young women the breast tissue is dense, so a scan can tell a lot more than a mammogram, so you are getting the very best possible treatment.

Please let me know what the final diagnosis is,

Schuyler