Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

What does the doctor do to examine it and will she tie it off

What does the doctor do to examine it and will she tie it off or have more detail examine? Just want to know what maybe to expect when i see her?

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

For which examination you are going?

Customer:

I have a rectum buldge when I have a bowel movement. Had for a month. It is smooth. Itches a tiny bit occasionally. No blood, no bowel problem. no changes. going to colon doc on thursday and just want an idea what to expect. a bit nervous. maybe this will calm me.

Dr. Nomi :

ok.

Dr. Nomi :

You will under went a sigmoidoscopy to diagnose it.Your doctor will gently insert a gloved finger into your anus to check for tenderness or blockage. For men, your doctor will also check the condition of the prostate gland.
The lubricated scope is then inserted. The scope is moved slowly forward into the rectum and lower colon. During a sigmoidoscopy, puffs of air sometimes are blown through the scope to open the colon so that your doctor can see more clearly.
Suction may be used to remove watery stool, enema liquid, mucus, or blood through the scope.
Once she has moved the scope forward as far as possible, it is slowly withdrawn while tissue is carefully inspected.

Dr. Nomi :

You will most likely lie on your left side during the test. You may also be asked to kneel on the table with your bottom raised in the air.

Dr. Nomi :

Hope it cleared your doubts.

Customer:

THANKS TONS!!!!!!!!! I feel alot better just to know a bit of info to expect!!!!!

Customer:

I do appreciate your time and help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!