Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

i was with a beautiful girl last was our first meet

i was with a beautiful girl last was our first meet and i was a little nervous, but for an hour or so she was giving oral and playing and i was unable to get i impitant ?

Did this happen first time?
Are you on any medications?
Any significant past medical illness?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A1.. its happened before, plus i dont feel sexually aroused when being with a girl like i did when i was younger.

A2. No medications

A3. no not at all any past medical illness, im a decent healthy 37 yr old

You are not likely to be impotent. It is said that sex is in mind not in organ. So psychological factors are very important for arousal and erection. But there can be physical factors which may need work up to ascertain the cause. If you have erection when you get up in the morning, chance of psychological factors are more. For an healthy individual like you, this should be not worrying. The most important thing is that it a single erection problem plays in the mind. This can give in the back of mind a performance anxiety and you start watching yourself more closely. This close scrutiny of yourself can loose the concentration from the sex and you get a bit softer. Please remember sex in not in organ but in mind. Once you start enjoying it you will regain the same strength. Nothing happens suddenly in sex, it is like sports, sometimes you excel and sometimes you are mediocre. Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.

You may need psycho sexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between parters.

Still if you feel that problem can be organic; you may consider to consult a urologist who would advise you the following investigations;

1) Testosterone levels
2) LH estimation
3) Thyroid function tests
4) duplex ultrasonography
5) Ultrasonography of testes
6) angiography
7) penile nerve test,
8) snap and strain guage test,
9) penile biothesiometry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you mentioned this ...... 'If you have erection when you get up in the morning, chance of psychological factors are more.'

this is true for me, should i be worried and maybe see an urologist

The first thing is, do not worry at all as you are normal. Once the negative thoughts of abnormality are gone, you would be regain the normal erections. So, I feel urologist is not needed especially if you are psychologically strong and get out of the negative thinking which occurred due to couple of failure. Remember this can happen to anybody and do happen to all once in a while. So nothing problematic here.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your profession manner, and the advice you've given me is not only fantastic but also a boost of confidence......

Once again thank you

best wishes

You are most welcome.

Best wishes and kindest regards,