Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

doctor you remember our last conversation? i stopped taking

Customer Question

i used to have shoulder pain on my right shoulder. It was a bothering sensation on one shoulder especially at night and afterwards it was quite painfull. I started taking anti-inflammatory medicine as my doctor prescribed me and no result at all. During the time i was taking mediactions by the way the pain has started to go to my left shoulder also, i continuing taking my medication with no results adn i was also using deep heat cream to ease my pain. Last 2 days feeling angry about drinking all this meds with no reason i stopped them and today feel fine. I am worried that the medication didn't work because this one was not an arthritis problem but it was hiv associated. I explained my exposure to my last post.  Should i take the answer i have been given that this was a zero risk exposure or not? and what do you think it was the cause for my shoulder pain?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Are you asking about shoulder pain or risk of exposure to HIV? They are 2 very separate issues

Customer:

i am asking for both and if they are related

Dr Brims :

There is no relation between HIV and shoulder pain

Dr Brims :

I have read about your encounter, and there is very little chance of HIV transmission from what you described

Customer:

well i dont think my situation can be described as a low risk, cause the question is if the condom broke or not, so i you cannot say low risk you can say risk or not? so what do you think do i need test or not?

Dr Brims :

If the condom was intact, then there is no risk, but I see you have asked this question multiple times which makes me think you have anxiety about the situation, and if you have anxiety about this then you should go for testing to relieve your anxiety

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yeah

Customer:

i have anxiety cause no one seems to be specific about this one question i am gonna make

is condom breakage catastrophic? thats all i want to know

Customer:

i mean does it completely tear?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it tears completely

Customer:

so about the shoulder pain now, why i was not responding to medication and during medication the pain got from one shoulder to the other?

Dr Brims :

That may be due to nerve irritation

Customer:

cause my doctor said it was tendonitis and prescribed anti iflammatory drugs, and they didnt work, was he diagnosis wrong? i mean the pain went away by itself thats what worries me and also that it got from one shoulder to the other

Dr Brims :

It may be from tendinitis but it may also be from nerve irritation

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

so if it was from tendonitits why the medication wasnt working?

Dr Brims :

The dose may not have been high enough

Customer:

elet me just ask a hypothetic question no, in cas that someone has hiv and he gets any arthritis problem like this medicines that apply to hiv negative poeple will apply to him also

Customer:

?

Dr Brims :

Yes, the medicine will still apply, and HIV does not usually cause arthritis

Customer:

okay man thx, i will leave this incident behind and move on.... i will actually think the chat think you provided was very helpfull

Dr Brims :

You're welcome, I am happy I could help

Dr Brims :

Please remember to rate the chat prior to exiting the session

Customer:

okay

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so doctor last thing? would you as a doctor recommend testing fro hiv in this incident or not?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
No, I would not recommend testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you read my exposure befoe replying doctor right? just asking cause i want to be sure

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I read it before replying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor, my shoulder pain is gone, but you havent yet answered one of my questions... why during the time i was taking medications the shoulder pain went from one shoulder to the other?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
This was likely due to nerve irritation, which can move from one area to another
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor, before i started having this hiv anxiety i wasnt hearing or listening everything about hiv/aids at all.... nowdays i am seeing almost everyday in the newspaper or on facebook or in the street things that have to do with hiv, i also dream that i am infected and i am infecting others... is this a sign or is it me driving crazy? i think i might need a test to calm down what do you think about all this?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
It is from anxiety, you should have the test to ease your anxiety, there is no need to think you have HIV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i really want to, but i am afraid it will come back positive thats why i am not going for it

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
There is no use in you staying anxious and not testing yourself, please get the test so you will feel better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tomorrow i am gonna make the test so another last question to ease my mind, if the condom did not broke where did the cum go?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
It was likely inside the condom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so why i didnt saw anything?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I cannot answer that,I can only answer medical question, I am a doctor, so those are the limits of my expertise, I am not able to determine why you did not find semen