Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im 25 years old and my entire life I have always felt tired

I'm 25 years old and my entire life I have always felt tired and wore out. I have been on depression and moods meds because doctors thought I was depressed but that only made it worse. I have no extra engery at all. But now for the last year I have gotten cyst forming in my joints. First in my knees now one in my finger, elbow, and ribs. One doctor told me that the cyst in my knee needed surgery but never told me what is causing them. My joints are constantly popping and grinding. I'm so stiff somedays getting out of bed is a chore all in itself. I have been to doctors and none of them really find anything. Im looking for answers as to what this may be.

Hi. Have you had blood work--thorough testing for possible causes for your problem? Are you saying that your doctor has absolutely no idea what's going on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done my yearly blood work and everything was fine on it. They did extra blood work this year where I'm always complaining about being wore out and it all came back good. However it seems like I can't get any test done about my joints. My surgeon said that this cyst in my knee are common no meed for test since he knew what it was. However I now have them in more places and with more pain. And no answers from any of my doctors

Have you had an MRI of the knee or the other joints?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I have asked my doctor for one and he said there is no need
OK. All I can do here is to tell you how I would work this up and what my thoughts would be about what's going on, but I'm not your doctor so that's all I can do. Will that help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes at least I could look for a doctor that may run the correct test or as least ask them to do what you would do. I'm just so miserable Ill take any advise you have to offer me right now. Even if you may know something for a doctor to look for when doing test
I fully understand. Can I ask where you live?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I live in Ashland, Ky

OK. Here are my thoughts. I would check your thyroid function, cortisol levels, do a screen for autoimmune disorders like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, and I'd get MRI's of your joints. While this may not be just one thing, it sounds to me as though you probably have a thyroid problem and possibly rheumatoid arthiritis, given the joint cysts. I think you need to see a rhematologist where you live and here's a link for that.