Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Is it alright to take Blood Builder from Mega Food instead

Is it alright to take Blood Builder from Mega Food instead of ferrous sulfate for iron deffiencey. My husband was told to take 3 times a day ferrous sulfate of 325 mg. It has made him very sick to stomach. If he took two mg of 520 mg of s. cerevisiae would it equal out as the same?
Hi. Yes that would work out to the equivalent of the total iron supplementation he would need. That said, he still should discuss this with his doctor before making the switch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I figured it would come out to the approximate number of mg's. But is that particular kind of iron the same as the ferrous sulfate?? That is my question. Sorry if my question was not clear.

No problem. Same iron. The sulfate part is just part of the total compound as with gluconate and succinate but the iron mg are the same