Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

i quit smoking 3 weeks ago by using the vapor cigatette and

i quit smoking 3 weeks ago by using the vapor cigatette and want to know how long before my lungs clear and when I will get my sense of smell back. I have smoked for 45 years and hope its not too late
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Since when are you having problems with your smell? Can you be more elaborate about it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

. I have heard that your sence of taste and smell heighten once you quit.

Yes, once you quit smoking the sense of taste and smell will improve gradually. However, the smell of cigarette may sometimes get stuck inside your nose and you should use room sprays in your house and remove ash trays etc to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke.

You can take zinc supplements regularly to quickly get back a normal sense of taste. Zinc helps to act on the taste buds and improve your sense of taste.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.