Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am a 31 year old female with what i believe is a thrombosed

I am a 31 year old female with what i believe is a thrombosed external hemmeroid. Its about the size of a grape. My question is do you suggest i go to the dr and get this surgically removed. Ive had it for two days now and its very painful. My other two questions are are theae type of hemmoroids life threatening in regards XXXXX XXXXX and fraveling to your heart? Can this even happen? Also what can i do to spead recovery if you suggest not going to the Dr? Thanks in advance :)

Hello Dasha,

I am sorry about your symptoms.

A thrombosed external hemorrhoid need to be surgically removed. So it is strongly recommended to go to your doctor. The thrombosed external hemorrhoid is not life threatening and do not travel to heart. Though it can be extremely painful. A warm sitz bath (sitting in warm water tub) may help in pain, for time being, Though going to doctor is necessary.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.