Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

hi i went to my dentist and he told i have white patches inside

hi i went to my dentist and he told i have white patches inside my mouth i just want to know what to do my dentist is not concerned but i am
Where exactly are the patches and your dentist didn't comment on what they were?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he just told me that i have them and i should monitor it and check with him after a month thanks for the quick answer

OK but are they on your gums, your tongue, the inside of your cheeks--where are they and how many are there? Can you see them yourself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

inside cheeks, i can see them but its not clear its red but a little white should i go to my dentist again thanks

One more question first--are you a smoker?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i smoke but not a heave smoker i smoke 5 , 6 cigarettes a day thanks

OK--a little difficult without my being able to see them but ask your dentist about leukoplakia--these are white areas on the cheeks and gums that usually go away in time, but they are considered precancerous and they need to be followed for that reason. I personally would have you have them evaluated by an ear, nose, and throat MD specialist.