Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Hi XXXXX weighed in at 148 pounds. The same day and

Hi XXXXX weighed in at 148 pounds. The same day and Saturday I exceeded the limit of calories I allow myself on my diet plan by a little over 2,000 cals combined for the two days total. I stood on the scale this morning and
Was upset to find the scale up by 5 pounds. 153. What happened?
Do you think the gain is from gaining weight? I exercise 5 -6 days a week for 1 hour as well. I am also in the middle of my monthly cycle. I also exercised that Friday, but not on Saturday, please help

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Fortunately, you would not have gained 'true weight' this fast. With you being on your period, this is most likely water weight gain. A fluctuation of 3-6 pounds during this time is very common. Try to go back on your diet and watch your sodium intake (watch hidden salt in frozen meals, sandwich meats, soups etc). Also, you can squeeze a fresh lemon into 8 oz water and the lemon will help you shed some water weight.