Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

FOR DR ABBY OR FR DR CHIP I have little

Customer Question

FOR DR ABBY OR FR DR CHIP

I have little fever with thriat rhuime and cough problems, in such case can I take my medecine FOSALAN as usual or I must wait until I recover ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--no problem with this--you can still take the Fosalan. You don't have to wait for recovery from your cough and throat rhuem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr Chip

As you know is possible to take FOSALAN a weekly quantity each week and also possible to take in one time for the complete month.

My Doctor here asked me if I wish to take the big quantity once a month?

According yr experience taking one time a big quantity for the complete month instead of each week small quantity can be too strong or too many side effects fr me ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The dose for Fosalan is once a week and not to be taken as just a one time a month dose of all four pills. The biggest problem with taking all of it at one time would be that it could cause inflammation of your esophagus and stomach. While I can't tell you not to follow your doctor's recommendations, I would have you take it once weekly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr Chip there is a misunderstanding i did not mean 4 pills at same day imean is a specal dose which can be taken one time and is enough for one month are you familiar with this?

as to my other problem w spoke few days ago i neede your help please

the throat pain and rhuime is gone.

now the real problem is i was cougfing with difficulty to take out the phlem but i drink a special medecine called siran or ciran in one glass of water 3 times a day and each time i cough the phlem comes out very easily .

Almost mo more cough but phlem continues to come out.

Do you think i have a serious illness like bronchit or pmeumonia?

Why is so much phlem coming out when I cough?

i must also say every half houre i change my shirt as it gets wet but this might be due to hot weather or connected to my illness?

Please Dr Chip have a look on all what I wrote please ask me questions s9 you can find out if I am very sick or not.

As to fever I have no fever is only 37

As to breathing I breath very well easily

But each time a deep breath I feel like cougfing.

I look for you reply with details

Thanks in advance

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. All I can say about the Fosalan is that, at least in the US it isn't given as a once a month dosage. What does your phlegm look like--is it clear or does it have color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no colour doctor

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Have you had this problem a lot in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

never

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any trouble with heartburn or indigestion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no indigestion.

What means heartburn Dotor?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Same as heartburn. And no problem with allergies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sory Doctor what means heartburn? I want to answer you but dont understand meaning maybecan use other word ?

No allergies /.

Pulse of heart quicker than usual but have emotional reason fr that .

When I am in bed start cougfing when I seat on chair not cougfing

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I meant the same thing by using the words heartburn and indigestion--so you don't have that. So are you coughing also throughout the day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Today almost no cougfing ,each time I try to cougf plegm came out as i drink medecine 3 times a day to take easily out the phlrgm.

medecine nmame SIRAN 200 mg

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Nothing serious like an infection here. I think this is probably an allergy problem and you need an antihistamine like benadry to clear up the phlegm for now. You should also try a saline nasal irrigation kit or a Neti pot to clear out the nose, I think both the antihistamine and the nasal irrigation will clear this up in about five days
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Doctor . No risk for PNEUMONIA or BRONCHITIS ?

Why pulse quick is a connection between this to Pneumonia ?

Shall I* continue to take SIRAN 3 times a day 200mg each?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No pneumonia or bronchitis. The pulse is from your anxiety. Yes, continue the Siran three times a day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not necessary a doctor will check me? Or not with present situation?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--no need for a doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Finaly please let me thank you and ask last question

Sounds Viral only ? a cold ? Or bacterial infection?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It isn't either viral or bacterial--it isn't an infection at all.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr Chip

Please allow me to ask you a follow up question ,

the cough is better but today started a new symptom like from my neck back side until half of my body often I feel like needles are going in such small pains like many needles at same time everywhere,what can this be Dr Chip?

It appears and disapears quickly mostly when I touch.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What parts of your body? Like a tingling--needles and pins?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doctor Chip excuse me I dont know meaning tingling, I will explain in other way.

On my back starting from neck and down ,half body only back side when I touch often I feel like many needles pains at same time everywhere in that area.Specialy when I change my tshirt .

Is the skin irritated from changing often T shirts >?

Can it be other reason?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Tingling is like needle pain. Any rash--any change in skin color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when i touch that area my skin hearts in that area only

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. I think you're having a bit of an allergy there. Nothing serious--just a little skin irritation and nothing more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cant be something dangerous Doctor ?

As soon as I touch it hearts but skin is not red

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--nothing dangerous at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Doctor Chip

As the cough continues with phlegm, according your advice i visited my doctor here. Doctor checked me very well and said the poumons are very clean no reason for antibiotic, but also said if will not recover in 5 days will give me antibiotics.

But said presently no reason for antibiotics.

Doctor Chip as poumons clean no bronchit no pneumonia than what can be reason of cough with phlegm since more than one week?

I start thinking about Asthma , how can I know if is Asthma Doctor?

Or thic cough can be an allergy ?

Please tell me your opinion , i am very worried from asthma or allergy,.

Thanks in advance Doctor Chip.

P.S By the way no fever since 5 days every day is 37 degrees

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You could have a bronchitis still even if your lungs were clear when the doctor examined them. Asthma makes you wheeze and doesn't cause a cough, so you don't have asthma. The cough could be an allergy and, if so, an antihistamine like benadryl would take care of that. If the cough continues for another five days I would also give you antibiotics for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much .

When I cough strong there is some kind of wheeze sound but cannot say definitely that I wheeze when I cough . What other symptom can say if I have or not Asthma. If asthma than there is phlegm?

Doctor listened carefuly by breath and said lungs clean.

Last time I took antibiotics for teath infection ,antibiotics made me very very tired for long time .

If we talk about Bronchitis or Allergy is the Antibiotic the only solution Doctor Chip ?

Antibiotics not so good for me as I am not strong .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You wouldn't have suddenly developed asthma but there is something called asthmatic bronchitis which can cause wheezing and would disappear when the bronchitis disappeared and it might still take antibiotics to do that since this has lasted for so long. Asthma by itself doesn't produce phlegm and usually you wheeze for some time--minutes perhaps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much

My wheeze is for only few seconds when I cough but tonight first time something strange happened I couldnt stop cougfing took some 2 minutes until I could stop ,I was afraid just didnt know how to stop cougfing was during sleep and made me wake up. I thought I have an asthma crisis which I have seen at some people who have long cougfing.

Finaly Dr Chip I thank you very much again ,I will go in 2 days again to Doctor .

You think without Antibiotic I will not recover ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

I really think you are going to need the antibiotics here. If a bronchitis doesn't clear by itself after two weeks, it won't clear without antibiotics.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Doctor Chip

Ihave good news ,

No more 37 fever but lower normal 36,7 degrees .

No more phlegm coming out when coughing even I continue to drink SIRAN.

In this case are you still at opinion that I need to start Antibiotic and you think I have Bronchitis .?

Only problem now is still cougfing little without phlegm .

Maybe is just a cold not viral and not bacterial as you thought first.

With my todays new information is situation requires Antibiotic?

I will appreciate very much your opinion and I thank you in advance

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, at this point you don't need antibiotics. This is definitely clearing an you don't need them. Continue with the Siran and I think the coughing will stop in another day or two.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Dr Chip.

I will be in contact with you .

By the way at my age 57 and my situation is enough to take 600 mg Vitamin C per day or I need more ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
At least 600mg a day but I'd suggest 1,200mg until this clears up. Please contact me anytime you need me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Dr Chip

I appreciate very much your help

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care, my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning Dr Chip

Please allow me toask you one more time please,

Just to inform you that fever completely down, now is 36,7 not 37 anymore .

No more plegm .

But still cougfing little , how can I say once in one houre approximately.

The cough is not completely gone .

I didnt use antibiotics.

With these details are you at opinion that I still have or had a Bronchitis or something serious ?

Should I go to see a doctor ?

Or it sounds like slowly slowly all gets normal ?

Please excuse me for so many follow up questions but this is only for this case usualy you know I even dont ask follow up questions.

Thanks in advance, wish you a nice day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem with your questions. No, you don't need to see a doctor at this time. I think this is a clearing of an allergy and not bronchitis and not serious. I thing the cough will stop within a week
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon Dr Chip

May I ask a very short follow up question in this subject?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Certainly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr Chip

It is about my cough.

Now is One month, no more plehm no fever but happens that I still cough few times a day .

Doctor here checked me 2 weeks ago and another Doctor one week ago both said no Bronchitis and lungs are clear/clean.

This afternoon talking to a friend Doctor here lives here ,I told all the story she said that at her opinion I must do Photo of lungs and Photo of Sinus and go to Doctor of Noze throat ear and if necessary also to make a Gastroskopy to see if is not from stomach.

She also said is not realy necessary to do all these but if I want I can do.

As I am very limited in time and I afraid to go to such places there are many sick people I can easily get a virus , I am asking you Dr Chip do you think I must do all these ? Is it any possibility they will discover something we dont know or if there should be something strange/dangerous I would have symptoms?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
When you do cough is it like for some time--like more than just clearing your throat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is for maybe 30 seconds each time or less than 30 seconds.

I feel nothing unusual in my throat.

But in my low stomach I feel something when I cough.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry--can you explain the part about feeling something in your low stomach?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I cough in total 3 or 4 times in day only ,the cough is sometimes strong and when is strong I feel somekind of pain in my low part of stomach the area where is located the sexual part of men.

Might be a coincidence ,this happen only if the cough is strong when is not strong I dont feel such thing.

In total my opinion my cough is very very little much better than before but already is one month and I dont know if I must do photo of lungs photo of sinus and gastroscopy.

2 doctors here checked me did not mention such things but the third doctor I spoke on phone confused me asking to make photos lungs and sinus etc.......

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you ever had a chest x-ray before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes 4 years ago were no problems

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Here's my opinion--I would get the chest x-ray just as a precaution for anyone with a persistent cough just to make sure there wasn't a lung tumor. I really don't think you have one, but anyone with a persistent cough should have the chest x-ray. As for the endoscopy, only if you tried something like Prilosec or Nexium for stomach acid reflux and it cleared the cough would I consider that necessary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i use regularily losec Doctor .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--if that hasn't stopped the cough then it isn;t from reflux and you don't need the endoscopy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much , and photo of sinus of noze ineed?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I might get than just to see if this were a sinus issue, but I think it will be a normal study
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks, tonight i will send you a new question about other new subject.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure--always
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good Afternoon Dr Chip

May I ask a short follow up question about my cough which finaly recovered?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Dr Chip

Thanks to your efforts and your kind support my cough is almost finish and no cough during last 3 days .

We thought lately maybe Sinus maybe gastro maybe photo of chest, I didnt do these .

But as a usual routine I made a EKOCARDIOGRAME which I do once in 2 years and this time is written there as Pulmonory Arthyr Pression PAP=+RAP 23 /,

Is 23 more thannormal?

What is the maximum normal mmHG

Can this be a reason for my cough?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr Chip maybe I should ask a Cardiologist about this question?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Can you retype the echo results? Why do you get repeated echocardiograms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Dr Chip

Here some say ECHO some say ECHOCARDIOGRAM in which includes a Dopler too .

I only wanted to ask you maybe the reason of my cough we tried to discover is conected to myheart as in the ECHO they wrote PULMONORY ARTHYRIC PRESSION 23 . According my checkings until 25 is normal. But somebody here told me this may create a cough , Do you think so ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is in the normal range. Iess than 30mm Hg is normal. If it were high it could indicate pulmonary hypertension which could cause a cough
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Dr Chip .

Is already few days I have no cough, not took antibiotics ,just acted as you and doctor here suggested .

I thank you very much for your help ,I will not think anymore in reasons of the cough maybe allergy maybe a cold but no bronchit and not from lungs as 2 doctors here checked me.

I will not ask follow up questions anymore .

Now I must concentrate in taking care of other healthproblems if will happen .

I will certainly contact you soon .

Wishing you a nice day

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Mt pleasure as always to help you--talk to you soon again