Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hello Im a little worried at the moment Im 19 years of

Customer Question

Hello
I'm a little worried at the moment I'm 19 years of age and last year around this time I feel pregnant my partner and I decided that with us being so young and not being in a good financial situation we would have an abortion. The last few months I've been having my period every second week and in the last few weeks I've had symptoms of being pregnant. I was wondering would this be all in my head because of the abortion or could I be pregnant again?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question. I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Are you taking any pills?
Are you involved with unprotected sex with your partner?
Do you have severe abdomen cramps?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pills no. unprotected sex yes. i dont have severe abdomen cramps but i do feel like vomiting and no to the last question

Dear Josie,Thanks for providing the additional information.
As you are getting periods every second week, so you can't be pregnant. I would not panic for pregnancy.

But having such frequent periods are of concern and should be investigated by doctor.
Most likely you are having Hormonal imbalance or some other gynecological disorder. You need to get it evaluated from doctor.
You need to undergo blood work and examination by your doctor.
I would recommend that you visit your Gynecologist for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you

Dear Josie,
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance. I am online to answer your question.

Thank you
Dr Robert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--so you did have an abortion before? Can I ask you if you have any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i did have an abortion and no other medical conditions

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--what are the symptoms now that make you think you might be pregnant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tender breasts and nipples nauseous feeling tired all the time feeling like im going to the toilet more often then usual headaches and sometimes dizzyness and its all the same things that went on when i was pregnant last year

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so I understand about you're wanting to know whether you could be pregnant but did you also want to know what this could all be if you weren't pregnant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes and yes please

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Simple answer first. Yes you could be pregnant although I agree with the other expert that having the frequent periods would make that somewhat unlikely. Now as to the frequent periods--possibly anxiety and stress could do that, but usually that only causes a missed or delayed period. Other possibilities include endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and thyroid conditions. I suggest you see a gynecologist for an exam and blood work to see what exactly is the cause here.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice