Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Hello. Yesterday I had sever abdominal pain that seemed to

Hello. Yesterday I had sever abdominal pain that seemed to localize around the lower right part of my stomach. The sharp pains went away and now it has localized around my belly button. This has happened to me before but it has never lasted this long. I was hospitalized once for it but I was pregnant and they never diagnosed it. Said it could be cysts on my ovaries rupturing? I had a csection around 10 months ago. No fever. I dont have medical inurance and would like to save a trip to the ER. Any insight?

Associated nausea and vomiting?

Constipation?

Bloating and flatulence?

Have you resumed your peroids again?

Are your periods regular?

Mucus in stool?

Fever?

Pain and burning sensation during urination?

Frequent urination?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I was nauseated when pain began, no vomiting. not constipated, no bloating, I am about to start my period, no irregularites, no mucas in stool, no fever, no pain during urination, yes frequent urination, I am taking ibuprofen for pain,

Thanks!

Thanks for providing more information.

Well lower right side pain in abdomen can be caused due to Ureteric colic ,ovarian cyst ,Appendicitis,Irritable Bowel syndrome.

As you have now dull pain so you should continue to take Ibuprofen 200 mg every 4-6 hourly.

Also keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids.

Take metamucil.

If it is ovarian cyst,most of the cysts( 95%) are functional in nature and harmless and are benign(non-cancerous).

Treatment is usually symptomatic including NSAIDS,warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area,Combined methods of hormonal contraception such as the combined oral contraceptive pill that prevent the formation of follicles that can turn into cysts, and possibly shrink an existing cyst.

Having said this,if pain gets worse over the time and associated with fever,vomiting,heavy vaginal bleeding then it is advised to visit ER.

Otherwise make an appointment with your doctor when you get your medical insurance for a clinical examination and undergo Ultrasound Whole Abdomen.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am starting to experience sever cramping in the middle of my stomach that comes and goes as well (they feel like contractions) I know I am about to start my period but have never experienced them this bad. Could this be from a cyst?

In case of ovarian cyst, pain usually starts in the pelvis,lower abdomen shortly before or after beginning a menstrual period.

And as you have pain in middle of stomach and it is severe so you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and it can be associated with Appendicitis,Intestinal cramps,Colitis.

And as your pain is not relieved with Ibuprofen so if possible visit ER.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Doc, I ended up going to Urgent Care. My appendix was on the brink of bursting! They performed surgery almost immediately and now I am back to my normal self. Thank you.

Well appendicitis is a acute emergency and require immediate surgery.

Thanks for using justanswer.com