Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I have had two weeks of fatigue,indigestion?, Few days of SoB

Customer Question

I have had two weeks of fatigue,indigestion?, Few days of SoB upon basic adl`s,shoulder and head felt extremely heavy. Now starting to resolve but the muscle tenderness,heavy head ,left eye pain. I have been to walk-in clinic twice. Hx of asthma, but this illness i did not cough, lab work cmp and cbc only noted creatinine elevated. Chest xray nl. Two rounds of prednisone, zpak, nasal spray and flovent, . I to know how to resolve the pain in my back left shoulder blade. I it might be indigestion... I sometimes relieve it if i lay down and pepcid caomplete. Plea note. Mri 1.5 yrs ago periventricular white matter.. 20 lessions. Hypertensive well controlled. Said not Ms. i just can't knock this virus as fast as i normally would. Frustrated. I fell three times when this all started thres wks Go. Suggestions to get me up and busy ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Sometimes cardiac issues can present as shoulder pain and shortness of breath. I don't know if anyone had done a EKG on you since this started but might be a good idea.

Another thought is that gallbladder issues can cause what is called 'referred pain' -pain that goes to the shoulder(s). An ultrasound of the abdomen would be able to rule this out.

Other than these two possibilities, your viral infection may be slow to resolve because your immune system has been weakened by taking the 2 rounds of steroids. It may take a little longer for you to feel better than usual if this is the case.

To help boost your immune system, make sure you are staying well rested and well hydrated and eating a well balanced meal.

You can start taking a multi-vitamin everyday and try to get in a little exercise as well. Trying walking very short distances at a time (as long as your shortness of breath is not bothering you too much) and this will help your endurance to help you complete your everyday chores.

If your shortness of breath doesn't improve, you may need a pulmonary function test to determine if you are able to exchange enough air/oxygen like you should be able to. The indigestion could be a whole separate issue.

The above mentioned are my thoughts for you to consider and possibly take to your Dr....reply back if you need more info or further details and I'll be happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for ur time. i would have liked a dr to be the one to respond and for payment. hv a great day.

Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Good luck with everything!