Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I recently read about electromagnetic fields in cars. I measured

Customer Question

I recently read about electromagnetic fields in cars. I measured my car with a Gauss meter and found that the passenger seat and back seat on the passenger side were very high, like 100 mG. I fear that I have put my daughter in that seat and also drove around in this car while pregnant. Could I have exposed my daughter now (or while in my belly) to increased levels of getting leukemia or any other cancer. I am very worried and concerned. Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.

I understand your concern but you really have no reason for that. We're talking about the electromagnetic radiation from you car's computer which is really no more than from a laptop or desk computer and that amount of radiation is not associated with pregnancy risks. Here's a link for you

http://www.radiationanswers.org/radiation-and-me/radiation-reproduction/unborn-child/laptop-and-television-radiation-pregnancy.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What about the wiring and battery that are running through the car, I didn't think that would be considered the computer.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.

Still no problem--it's still electromagnetic radiation whether produced by a computer or by a battery and wiring and the amount produced in both is still not at a level to be considered placing you or your fetus/child at risk