Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I got some results through can it please be explained to me.

I got some results through can it please be explained to me. "Examining her today she weighed 64.6kg with a blood pressure of 121/80. Blood tests today included a full blood count which showed HB of 13.7, WCC 5.07 and platelets 200. B12 and folate were adequate. Renal function was normal with a creatinine of 77 umol/l. Liver function tests normal. A liquid profile showed a total cholesterol of 4.7, triglycerides 1.4, HDL cholestrol 1.6 and LDL cholesterol 2.5 giving total cholesterol:HDL ratio 2.9. Vitamin D was a little low at 41nmol/l so I think she might benefit from a calcuim and vitamin D suppplement.

Can this be explained in lanuage I can understand

As per your reports,firstly you shouldn't worry as your blood work are absolutely fine and doesn't indicate any serious medical problem.

If you want to know complete interpretation with reference range then i can give you more information.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes please, I would like more information eg I dont know what renal function means?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Renal function test means kidney function and how kidney is working.

And your renal function test is normal

TEST RESULT N.RANGE

HB 13.7 (11-16gm/dl)

WBC 5.07 (4-10.8×103/mm3)

Platelet 200 (150-450/ml)

Creatinine 77 (53 to 106 umol/L)

Total cholesterol 4.7(3-5mmol/L

Triglyceride 1.4(0.6-1.4mmol/L)

HDL 1.6(1.1-2.2mmol/L)

LDL 2.5(2-3.4mmol/L)

total cholesterol:HDL ratio 2.9.

Vitamin D 41 (>75 nmol/L)

Normal range can vary from lab to lab.

As per your reports your Vitamin D is low and other blood work are fine.

You may require a clinical corelation of your blood work findings.

Consult your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Refering to the blood tests above. If someone had leaky gut sydrome can that be detected from a blood test?

Thanks for the follow-up.
Well your above blood work don't detect Leaky gut syndrome.
Further investigations like stool analysis,colonoscopy,Allergy testing,PolyethelyneGlycol (PEG) Test to rule out underlying possible cause.
A consultation of Gastroenterologist should be considered.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I had it would it show up in the blood work?

Would I know if I had leaky gut? How could i tell?

What are your symptoms?

Are you taking any medications?

Have you seen a doctor?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have IBS and after reading on leaky gut. I started thinking about it. Which was why i asked how would i know if i had it. Do people smell when they have it?

Firstly as your blood work are fine so in my opinion you shouldn't worry at all.
And relax yourself.
Most probably you are suffering from IBS and stress and anxiety are contributing factors.
And Leaky gut syndrome is a proposed condition of an altered or damaged bowel lining and is not an established diagnosis,it is under clinical research.

This is a chronic condition of unknown cause in which the permeability of gut do increases and there are many factors which are responsible for that like chronic alcoholism, drug induced,insufficient digestive enzymes, diet high in carbohydrates, liver disorders and many others.
It is seen that the tendency of food allergy and auto-immune disorders do increases with leaky gut syndrome.
This can make the anxiety and depression more worse due to imbalance of food digestion and absorption mechanisms.
It is associated with many diseases like celiac, arthritis, lupus, thyroid disorders and others as well.
Otherwise the food you should avoid high in carbohydrates and in fat.
You can take food rich in protein and low in carbohydrate.
Alcohol and carbonated drinks should also be avoided.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.