Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Hello again. Re my diagnosed CMML, would anyone know what

Hello again.
Re my diagnosed CMML, would anyone know what triggered this kind of leukemia?
I read, when surfing the internet, that chemicals, or radiation can be the cause. Are there any othercauses?

Hello Evangeline,

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The causes of CMML are (as you have read);

1) exposure to ionizing radiation has been suggested; increased prevalence among survivors of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
2) benzene, a possible causes.
3) acquired abnormality of chromosomes 22 and 9. Why this abnormality of chromosome occur apart from radiation and chemicals is not known.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.