Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have this rope like vein on the right side on my inner labia.

I have this rope like vein on the right side on my inner labia. Its thick and swallow today. It is feeling uncomfortable to sit and if I touch it it feels tender. I have had it a long time since I was about 15, as my mother took me to get the needle to stop my first period but it cause me to hemorrhage. To stop it I was given these blue pills and later went on Levlen ED after that this large vein appeared. My Nana even thought it was a prolapse but it wasn't. I was taken to the doctor but they didn't want to do anything. But I am 23 now and I have not had sex due to feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable about them and I wish to get them seen to. I did go to a doctor and she said they would remove part of my vagina but I feel that would be worse then putting up with swelling. Is there something else I can do ? Help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 2 years ago.

It appears that you have Vulval Varices(Varicose veins on the vulva)which became inflamed due to thrombophlebitis . Levlen ED ( a birth control pill ) can cause inflammation of the veins leading to clotting and thickening of the veins in the legs,perineum and vulva.THis can be confirmed by your Gynaecologist after examining you..Surgical correction can be done by a plastic surgeon experienced in the procedure.Chances are that you probably have hemorrhoids /.varicose veins in the legs too.Removal by surgery is the only option.

Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Do you need any more information?Please do let me know.The surgery will correct the swelling and restore normalcy,further swollen veins will need to be treated early.