Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hi I want to ask about premature ejaculation and possile

I want to ask about premature ejaculation and possile treatment options?

Thank you

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD :

I would advise you to discuss this issue with a urologist. The anti-depressant Paxil (and a few others) have the beneficial effect to help delay orgasm and thus are quite helpful with the problem of premature ejaculation. A urologist will discuss the issue with you and I am sure would be glad to help you with this.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that this information is helpful for you. If you have further questions then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you!

Customer: What is the cause, it never wad the case?
Anthony Bray MD :

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

How long has it been going on?

Anthony Bray MD :

Do you have a new partner?

Customer: I wasn't sexually active for about .3 years,
Anthony Bray MD :

So you have resumed sexual activity recently? If so then that is probably responsible for the problem....

Customer: And its been the case ever since I stated again 12 months ago
Anthony Bray MD :

Same partner during the past 12 months?

Customer: Yes
Anthony Bray MD :

It may be that the sex between you is very stimulating to you and you climax early. This can be a good thing in one sense but a bad thing as far as making the experience last longer....

Customer: Thank you
Customer: So
Anthony Bray MD :

One option would be to use a condom to decrease your sensitivity somewhat but you will probably prefer the effect of the Paxil would be my estimation...

Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome!

Customer: Speak to a urologist is the answer?
Anthony Bray MD :

Yes that would be the route that I would recommend but your primary care doctor may take care of the issue for you. I know that every urologist handles this issue...

Customer: Thank you and have a good day
Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome! Take Care.

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
I would offer a significantly different suggestion than the other expert. I don't believe that you need to see a urologist for this common problem. This is a condition most Family Physicians would be more than capable of treating.

The one class of medication that has been shown to improve premature ejaculation, is the SSRI class of antidepressants. This class of medications includes a number of medications including citalopram (Celexa) escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft).

The squeeze technique can also help with this problem

I hope this information has been helpful.