Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I usually have a smelly ,yellow or brown pee when i do not

Customer Question

I usually have a smelly ,yellow or brown pee when i do not drink alot of water...this has been happening to me for months now, I am so scared because if i do not drink water, my pee will be smelling bad and the pee usually looks yellow or brown..Not really sure of the color...and also i feel tired sometimes when i wake up..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

How much water do you have to drink for this not to happen? By smelly do you mean a strong but normal urine smell or something different?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Most times i drink 1500ml , but when i don't drink water...it smells alot and the colour usually looks weird to me..Like yellow or brown...Not sure of the colour...sometimes i also feel tired

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How about when you wake up in the morning and take that first pee--what is your urine like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The urine smells bad when i don't drink alot of water before going to bed... I did a check up for my school last month,...they took my blood and urine ...they didn't see any problem with me, or maybe they didn't check well because it was just a check up for school.. This has been happening to me for about 5 months now, i could remember i treated myself for gonorrhea ..earlier this year, i noticed i was having burning sensation while peeing,and also a milky substance always comes out of the tip of my penis...so i checked online for it so i saw it was gonorea...i treated myself for that with an anti biotics, i don't see the milky substance any more but this yellow urine and the bad smell wont just go away if i do not drink water...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. What antibiotics--which ones and what dosage did you take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my last answer?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh so sorry! i do not remember the name of the anti biotics i used...I remembered i searched online for the symptoms and i noticed it was gonorrhea..The milky substance stopped after using the anti biotics but since then the smelly pee and yellow pee is stil there...I am just wondering why the doctors that tested me didn't see anything..MY result was alright but i was given vacinne for hapatesis B///

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So you saw a doctor and had lab tests and they were negative and then you treated yourself with the antibiotics?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had a test 2 months ago but i treated myself for Gonorrhea about 6 months ago..

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--when you were tested at school--the urinalysis was normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it was normal ! because i asked the doctor if i was alright then he said yes i am.. all he said was to take vacinne for hapatesis B.. thats all

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--sorry for all the questions. So are you worried that this could still be the gonorrhea or another STD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem you can ask questions because i am so worried that's why i contacted this site... Wondering why the doctor did see anything but yet i still keep have the yellow and smelly pee...Sometimes i feel tired....I just don't feel alright with the urine, i have checked alot of things online such as UTI,diabetes,kidney problems, liver and others but still i still do not understand....

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Stick with me for a while. The blood work--pretty standard like a metabolic panel checking glucose and kidney and liver functions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i don't understand you! explain better

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well if it was like a general complete physical with standard blood work the blood work would be normally checking to see if your glucose were high and what things like your liver enzymes and creatinine were to see how your liver and kidney functions were doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it was just a test but my urine and blood was taken!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Now tell me more about the tired part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just feel tired once in a while, i sleep for a long time also... I don't stay long when having sex too, i noticed my cum looks abit different...It is still sticky but its just different somehow..The stickiness does not fluid together..

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--last question--can you describe the smell of the pee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It smells like a pee but just too smelly! I perceive whenever i pee....But it doesn't smell after drinking lots of water.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and please--we can continue after this if you need more information here. I really don't think there's anything serious going on with you. When I first saw your question I thought we might be dealing with a liver or a kidney problem. When there's a liver problem the urine can become very dark--brown or orange and not just dark yellow. And when there's a urinary tract infection, the urine can be smelly, but not just like strong uring--more of an ammonia or rotten eggs smell. And with diabetes, there can be a lot of thirst and urination but the urine might smell sweet and not smelly. Believe it or not, I think you just don't recognize what concentrated urine is like--what it's like when we don't drink a lot of fluids during the day. In that case it is more yellow and a bit more smelly than usual, and if you drink a lot of fluids it becomes light yellow and not as smelly. I know it sounds like I'm sort of blowing your concerns off here, but from what you tell me your kidneys and liver are fine and you don't have diabtetes and you don't have an STD that needs to be treated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay thanks ! i will take it that there is nothing wrong with me...but i would like to ask something.....Is it possible for the doctor not to detect anything with a normal medical test through my urine and blood if i had problems?....Because i told a friend about my problem,he said maybe they didn't detect anything because it was just a normal test...He told me i need to go for a full medical check up....I even had to stop drinking alcohol because i was not just sure of myself..

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, of course, sometimes only a metabolic panel like what I mentioned above and a urinalyisis is all that's done and you might not have gotten your thyroid function tested and that might be an explaination for your tiredness--probably you aren't low thyroid unless you also have had problems with weight gain. But, beyond that, from what you've told me, I wouldn't, as your doctor, order any more special tests to look for anything else, since your "symptoms" just don't point to anything being wrong.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks very much now i am relieved, i will get back to you if there is any problem...But do you think there is a reason why i can't last in bed with my wife? I usually don't stay up to 5 min...I just cum fast

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long has that been going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Been like that ever since i started having sex...all the girls i dated use to complain about me cumming fast

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take you to climax?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Like approximately 4 min when i dont have condoms on... but with condoms it might take longer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That really isn't too far off the mark for most guys--the average is about five to maybe ten minutes. Have you tried any techniques to last longer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not tried because i do not know what to use to make me longer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Take a look at this link and then get back to me

http://www.drlauraberman.com/sexual-health/sexual-dysfunction/tips-to-help-stop-premature-ejaculation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello thanks for last time but i have something to complain about too....I was peeing this morning so i stopped and held my penis but i felt a hot sensation while holding it...so i had to continue peeing when i could not hold longer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why did you stop and hold your penis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No reason...I just had to do it ! another thing when you have a bumps on the penis..does that mean anything...Its not on the tip of my penis but on the skin! Not the hairy part

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well of course if you don't finish peeing and hold your penis so to keep from fully emptying your bladder, that is going to cause you to have an uncomfortable feeling in the penis--nothing more and perfectly normal. Now, since you just asked an entirely different question (which I'll be more than happy to work with on this page), I would first ask you to rate this answer for the time I took with you so far, and then we can continue.