Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

Hi my name isXXXXXm so confused and scared. I had a ultrasound

Hi my name isXXXXX so confused and scared. I had a ultrasound 2 weeks ago and it stated I had a simple cyst on left ovary measuring 3.6 and a complex one on the right measuring 1.7cm. Both with color flow and the edometrium lining was 5.2 mm.. Can you explain this to me. My doctor is telling me it means nothing but a blood filled cyst. Please help!!!
Simple ovarian cysts are physiological cysts that can arise in any female and go away at their own .So there is nothing to worry about this.Complex ovary which is on left side can be due to endometriosis .Since it is small so we have nothing to worry about this.But on its size we need to keep an eye.So there will be need of another ultrasound after 3 months time.However,in short nothing to worry about it.
Hope it helped.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My other concern is I never had a period this month.. What would cause that to happen??
Yes,ovarian cysts can lead to missed periods .Your doctor need to prescribe you some hormone medications.