Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My left elbow started to hurt if I bumped it several months

My left elbow started to hurt if I bumped it several months ago, now it really hurts if I bump it or if I put pressure on it. Also the inside of my arm (where you bend) hurts as if I pulled the muscles there. It can hurt all the way up into my shoulder and it hurts when I make a fist or even lift a glass. I do lift things at work.

This looks like tendinitis of elbow (Golfer's or Tennis' elbow).

The Golfer's elbow has the pain on the inner side of the bone on elbow (and its counterpart tennis elbow on the opposite end, both have same treatment) and has following advised for the treatment;

1) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Motrin / Advil for around 10-14 days.

2) Elbow brace

3) Physical therapy

4) Warm compresses

5) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

These are the initial modalities and if the pain does not respond than the further interventions would be required;

1) iontophoresis, phonophoresis

2) electrical stimulation

3) shock wave therapy

4) local steroid shots

Read the resources;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You

You are very welcome, Vicki.

Thank you.