Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn

26 years old and in my 7th week of pregnancy. About 1 & 1/2

26 years old and in my 7th week of pregnancy. About 1 & 1/2 hrs ago I started having mild pain on the left side of my abdomin. It has since gone away but I worry about ectopic pregnancy. I've had no bleeding or spotting, or any other symptoms aside from I noticed today my breasts did not seem as sore. My appointment is next Friday, is this something I should worry about or see my dr earlier? It's my first pregnancy and I'm very nervous and apprehensive. Thanks

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer :

usually with an ectopic pregnancy the pain continues to increase and becomes unbearable. The fact that it went away is a good sign because that's not what we usually see.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

If this happens again over the weekend and becomes more severe I would go to the ER for an evaluation.

If the pain doesn't return, you might call your doctor on Monday and see if he/she can get you in earlier for an ultrasound.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

If you have additional questions please ask…I want you to be satisfied with this service.

If you do not have additional question please take the time to rate my service.

We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.

Thank you.
Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: Thank you I definitely feel better about it, I have a tendency to worry and worry and research don't always lead to peace haha.