Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

This may be a psychological issue with me, but I need some

This may be a psychological issue with me, but I need some advice. I am a 36yo male and can count the number of sexual partners I have had on one hand (2 female, 2 male). I am very cautious and have always used protection. I also dont engage in receptive anal sex and I dont allow any male fluids in me (oral or anal).

However, I have this overwhelming fear that I am going to contract HIV and it makes it tough on any relationship. The best ones I have and feel most comfortable with are with women (which is what I plan to stick with from now on exclusively). It not worth the anxiety I have been having. But, in light of my recent experience with another male, is my fear being blown way out of proportion and I am just paranoid? What are my chances of having HIV?
With any sexual encounter you are at risk for HIV. However, protected intercourse can decrease the risk, but not eliminate it entirely. If you are concerned about having contracted HIV the best advice I can provide you is that you get yourself tested. This way you can have an answer and have peace of mind going forward.

If you have any questions, please ask.