Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Hello and Good Evening. I have a question that I need help

Customer Question

Hello and Good Evening. I have a question that I need help with. Last year I was diagnosed with arthritis and degenerative disc disease in my lower back (my tailbone area to be exact). For the last week and a half I have experienced alot of pain in my back. One day last week I was hurting so bad I didn't know if I could work my whole shift or not. I also noticed around this same time (and it is still going on at the present time) that my fingers / hands as well as my toes/feet will periodically go numb, then it will go away. This happens off and on throughout the day everyday. I am hoping that you will help me to shed some light on this and let me know what you think is happening and what I can do to fix it
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Degerative Disc Disease often causes pain in the lower back because the disc height is shorter than it should be and this often puts pressure on the nerves in the back. It does flare up from time to time and can be quite severe at times as well. The numbness in the toes and feet is radicular symptoms meaning the pressure on the nerve is causing the numbness to go down your leg - same thing could be happening to your cervical spine as well if you are having pain in the fingers or hands. There really is no fix for DDD other than conservative treatment which is medications like NSAIDS like Advil and also the use of heat or ice on the lower back. Medications like Neurontin will help with the numbness but sometimes surgery will have to be incorporated as a last resort if symptoms get too bad (as is rarely recommended - spinal fusion). Physical Therapy, stress reduction, and the use of Chiropractic is often times helpful.

If you have not had a MRI in a while on your lower back, you may need to have one to make sure you don't have anything else going on (like a ruptured disc). If all you have going on is the DDD, and have not had any PT, I would suggest it. Reply back if I can speak with you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for replying to me. I feel like I have had DDD and arthritis about 2 years longer than I was diagnosed. I say this because I had a catscan/MRI done where I used to live and when the neurosurgeon showed me the film of my back and diagnosed me, there was a dark spot in the same exact area as 2 years prior. I will try and put my heating pad on my back tonight, and take a pain pill if I need to. I try not to take too many pain pills (advil, aleave, ibuprofin, etc) due to the fact I don't like taking medicine of any kind as well as because I try and donate blood as well as platelets as often as possible, and you cannot take anything like that 24-48 hours before hand. As you can probably see, I try to just push past it. In your opinion, how long (time frame wise) should I use my heating pad and take ibuprofin for before doing anything else ?

Thanks for replying back and for the added information. I would say to try the heating pad for at least a week - off and on for about 20 minutes at a time and then try 2-3 Advil per day for about a week. Also try to not sit too long in one spot and try not to stand for long periods of time without taking a sit down break. You need to get the inflammation down, so the heating pad/ice (whichever feels best after you use it) and the Advil (or other NSAID) should help calm things down.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate the input. However, I have a standing job (retail) and am not able to sit down. I have noticed as well, sometimes when I am laying down watching a movie that is when my fingers/hand seems to do the numbing routine. my feet/toes occur throughout the day, and it is drving me crazy .

Take all the breaks you can while you are at work. I know sitting down is not an option (and to be honest, a sit down job all day long is not ideal either)....but you can take as many breaks as possible...even if it's just for 2-3 minutes (just enough to get the pressure off of your back. It sounds like you may have some DDD in your neck as well...however sometimes when lying in bed, we don't have the best posture, so it could be something self-limiting and only related to your posture.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help. IF for any reason , any of my issues are still at hand / active after a week, what would you suggest I do, and would there be any other at home remedies I could do in addition to the heat/ice and advil ? Also - Even when I click accept to accept your answer, will there be a way I can still contact you and let you know the latest on my issue after a week ?

Since you are having a lot of trouble (and it is interfering with your daily activities), I would suggest you have a MRI if you have not had one in quite some time (over a year or two) if you do not get any relief from the conservative treatment. Self care includes heat/ice, NSAIDS, activity modification, and the Physical Therapy and even some home stretching exercises (these should come from your Dr who is familiar with your back).

Yes, even after you click accept, you are more than welcome to come back to this thread and let me know how you are doing...I always encourage that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok - I will try that for sure. I greatly appreciate your input and advice. I will start putting a heating pad on my back tonight and try to take 1 or 2 ibuprofin a day for a week, and will come back and let you know what is going on . THANK YOU SO MUCH . Smile

Good luck and I hope you do feel some better!
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Good Evening. I just wanted to give you an update . As of our last conversation, I used the heating pad Thursday and Friday night. Last night was a pretty bad night for me. I was hurting so bad, that on the way back to my fiance's house, all I could do was bite down and do everything I could to keep from yelling out. I was hurting from my neck down to my tailbone, not to mention the fact the numbness was coming and going as usual. As soon as we got back to his house, I took a Lortab and got in bed and put a heating pad on my back. Even while laying down my toes and feet were bothering me. I am still having a problem, but am going to try both my heating pad as well as ibuprofin until the end of next week to see what happens, but I did want to let you know the latest. I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thank you so much for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time the other night.

Please do try the heating pad and Ibuprofen and let me know how things go.

Sounds like you are having some radicular symptoms with the feet bothering you. Try to stay off of your feet as often as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try to, but with the type of job I have it's hrd to stay off my feet. I will let you know next weekend how things are going. I appreciate all you do

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thank you for allowing me to help.

And yes let me know how things go!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. I just thought I would give you a quick update with my situation that you gave your advice on. I used a heating pad AND took ibuprofin for a week, as well as taking 2 lortabs in between. Friday night I cried myself to sleep because I was so aggrivated with it. I do not know if it is because of the number of ibuprofin I have taken or what, but since Thursday afternoon have not felt good . I am still having pain in my lower back, as well as my neck. I am also having the numbness/tingling in my toes/feet and calves. I have it every once in a while in my hands. Last night I was in alot of pain and ended up taking a lortab (which only made me feel worse but I think that was due to the fact that I had not eaten much at all the last 2 days). I would like to know what you think it might be in your opinion and what do you recommend me doing now ? Should I continue to monitor it for a bit longer or what ? I am SO misserable and it has been almost 3 weeks.

Hi there. Yes, I remember talking to you about this about a week ago.

I think after 3 weeks that you may need to mosey on to your Dr. When the conservative treatment does not work, we usually proceed to other measure such as epidural steroid injection, physical therapy and possibly some stronger pain medication to control the pain level. Surgery is not always an option (and not always a good one), so that is usually saved as a last resort. A repeat MRI of the lumbar spine might be a good idea to reassess the area and help your dr what step would be best next.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. I had 2 blocks done on my back last spring and seemed to only provide temporary relief. As soon as I can try and get a chance to do so, I will try and make a dr. appointment. i really thought my Lortab would work since it is a generic form of hydrocodone. I will keep you posted. Thank you SO much Nurse Milli - you are the BEST

Hi there

Sometimes the blocks will work and sometimes not. It just depends on how accurate the injection was. I would speak with the dr again to see if he/she thinks it should be attempted again and go from there. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having so many issues right now. Keep me updated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. I just wanted to give you an update on me and my situation. it has come to my attention that I need to quit playing around and go get checked out (you as well as other people close to me) . I have noticed that the last few days, it seems like my entire left side (back down to my feet) has been affected more than my right side. I also tried to soak in a very warm bubble bath the last 2 nights and noticed that , while it felt really good to me , that whenever I would go to lift my legs, my legs would feel 10 times heavier than they already feel. Does this have any significant meaning or not ? Please let me know.

Hi there and thanks for the update. Sometimes, heaviness (along with your other symptoms) -especially from your lower back down to your feet, could mean spinal stenosis....meaning that your spinal canal/nerves could be encroached upon by the disk. I agree with your thinking of having this checked out again. Sometimes, a herniated disk can happen and we don't even know how it happened....so, this may have happened the last short while or your DDD has worsened on you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

I greatly value your input. I don't know what it is, but it is aggrivating. I know I went to another website and typed in my symptoms, and it pointed to spinal stenosis. However, I do not know what it is, but I am hoping I will find out on Tuesday. My fiance said that he hopes the doctor I see tuesday will give me some answers as to what it could be and treatment for it. IF (hypothetically speaking of course) it did turn out to be either my DDD getting worse, or it does turn out to be spinal stenosis (which I doubt, but then again I am not a medical professional) , what in your opinion do you think my treatment would consist of ? Also - do you think if they did an x-ray that it would pick up on what might be wrong with me?

Hi there

I would expect treatment to be conservative at first. Meaning, your dr will put you on a prescription strength anti-inflammatory medicine, have you do the heat / ice alternating on the affected area, possibly some physical therapy, and activity modification. The xrays will be done first along with a physical exam (including a neurological exam) to see if you have any neurological deficeits. The xray could be useful to a degree but for a more detailed look at the spinal canal and surrounding nerves, tissue etc, more advanced imaging will need to be incorporated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and God Evening. Just wanted to give you an update. I went to the Dr. today to get checked out. They did an x-ray of my lower back, and said everything looked fine. They gave me 4 medicines to try for two weeks and then if I am not feeling any better to call them back. The dr. said it sounds like a "flare up" so to speak. He thinks I have some muscles that are pushing up against the nerves near my spine , which in turn is causing all the pain.

Ok, thanks for sharing the new info.

He is probably trying to get the inflammation down and to do some more conservative treatment before ordering any new testing.

I hope the meds work. Let me know how it turns out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. Just wanted to give you a quick update - I feel like the medications that I was given seem to be working, although the last few days I have experienced the same sensations in my lower legs/feet that I was having before I went to the Dr. , but I am not jumping to conclusions. Also - I had another question / concern to get your input on please. On Monday night, I was in my kitchen when all of a sudden I had the sharpest pain in my lower right side (front). It had me doubled over, and almost brought me down on my knees . Luckily I was able to make it to my bed and I put a heating pad on for the rest of the night. I have had continuous pain (some worse than others ) since then, and have continued to put the heating pad on it at night. However, today around lunch time, I had an extremely sharp pain hit me, and the pain stretched all the way across my abdomen area (from the right all the way to the left), as well as my other pain I have had since Monday night. The very sharp pain left me after about 10 minutes, but I was miserable. I am hoping that you might can shed some light on this, as far as what it might be, and what I can do to stop it from happening again . Thank you for reading my letter, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi there and thanks for writing back in. I hadn't heard from you in a while and was wondering how you were making out.

Let me ask you a few questions regarding your abdominal pain.

This abdominal pain - did you have any other symptoms along with this pain? (any nausea or bowel symptoms?) Have you had any fever or chills? Are you ovulating?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No fever or chills that I am aware of, I am not ovulating, and no bowel symptoms. However, I have noticed that sometimes when I use the restroom (either one) , it sems to hurt a little bit more than it does in that area (my lower right side) . The pain in my lower right side is a constant dull/medium pain . With sometimes more pain than other times

Backing up, I'm glad your back is feeling better. And hopefully the feelings you are having in your lower legs and feet goes on away.

Your stomach symptoms could signify several things that might be going on. Most always when you have these types of symptoms in this area, it is usually bowel related or reproductive related (if female). That's the reason I asked about your ovulation. However, if you feel that it is not related to the ovaries, then other issues to consider would include irritable bowel disorder, even gas pains, or other bowel related disorders such as possible diverticulitis. Whenever you start feeling this type of pain, you may want to try something like Simethicone (anti gas), as well as some probiotics. Watch your intake of gassy foods like raw vegetables, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, artificial sweetners, and high fiber foods. Also, don't totally ignore symptoms if they continue. Let your Dr know so that you can have pain. Your Dr may wish to do some testing to make sure everything is ok. Even simple issues can bring about big pain when dealing with the colon, even gas pain. But it sounds more like something like possible irritable bowel more than anything.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello. I know that I had very similar symptoms (almost exact same) about 2 months or so ago , I had gone to the ER about it, and they told me that I had a cyst on my ovary, and that I needed to get it seen about. About 2 or 3 weeks later, I went to the Dr., and they told me that it was nothing. The ER dr told me that the cyst was about the size of an egg . This is the 2nd time I have had this pain in the last 2 or 2.5 months ago . I hate feeling like this . What solutions do you have to this matter I am dealing with ?

Ovarian cysts will sometimes rupture on their own and the pain will immediately be relieved. However sometimes they don't always do this. Sometimes the cysts will just get bigger and bigger. Most times, birth control pills are used to help control the formation of ovarian cysts. If it very large are painful (large diagnosed with ultrasound), sometimes surgery is needed to remove the cyst. Otherwise, BCP's are used to control the cysts. I think since you had this 'knock out' pain and you've had it before and it was diagnosed with the ovarian cyst, I would go back to the OB/GYN and have the US done and diagnosed again and then treated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would, but the thing is, when I went to the ob-gyn Dr. to get seen about , they did a vaginal ultrasound and didn't find anything (it was a 20 day difference between my ER visit and ob-gyn Dr visit) . I didn't understand how I could be told I had an egg size cyst and t o get it seen about and not to wait to do so , and when I go to the ob-gyn Dr. , I am told they didn't see anything. With this being said, what else could you suggest ? Should I just keep an eye on things for right now ?

Let me ask you this, were you having symptoms any more when you went to the OB/GYN for the vaginal US?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes maam - I was still hurting some . The severity of it would come and go (sometimes very painful, sometimes not too painful

In that case, it should still have been able to be picked up on US then. If it was not hurting any longer, there is a chance that is could have ruptured and was gone. However, it could have ruptured and was in the process of going away and maybe that's why it wasn't visable any more. I would definitely follow back up since you have had pain. And also, see if your Dr can provide you with a low dose birth control pills. Pain is your indicator that something is wrong. So, make sure you follow up with your OB/GYN. You may continue to have these spells of pain unless you get on some sort of low dose birth control pill to help control the cysts. The wait and watch approach is used most but when the cyst keep bothering you (pain), your Dr needs to at least try something to help prevent them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you, Nurse Milli . Do you think the Dr. would try or suggest anything else besides pills ? Just curious

With Ovarian Cysts, the wait and watch approach, low dose pills, or even the Depo shot and then surgery. Unfortunately, there is not much else you can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. Just wanted to let you know overall, I am feeling alot better. However, I have a question that requires your opinion . After being off of it for a LONG time (for the 2nd time) , I was encouraged to get back on my blood pressure medicine (metoprolol) . However, since I have gotten back on it (twice a day) , I have not felt good and have felt "funny" , and tonight I had a few quick sharp pains in my chest but then they went away. I am just wondering if this is normal or what ? Mostly though, I have not felt good and felt "funny" as well as short of breath and tired . PLEASE let me know what you think.

Hello and good evening to you too!

Are you on blood pressure medication for blood pressure issues or something else? (some people take blood pressure medication for other reasons than just blood pressure issues). Let me know and I'll get back to you.

I will say this, the metoprolol can cause shortness of breath especially if you are prone to asthma. The chest pains are not normal with this medications and should actually help with chest pains (if they are cardiac related). But when you put it all together - shortness of breath, the 'not feeling good', fatigued, and chest pains sounds a bit consistent with cardiac symptoms. I see you listed your age as 34, but cardiac issues can happen at most any age. Not all are serious and not all are life threatening but any time you have symptoms that are cardiac-like, it's best to have them checked out.

Yours may be a coincidence of the beta blocker (metoprolol) causing the shortness of breath, the beta blocker dropping your blood pressure too low and it's causing you to feel bad and feel fatigued as beta blockers can do. And the chest pain could be GI related. HOWEVER, these are things we don't know for sure and we can't assume anything.

Let me know what you think....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Morning. I was originally put on this medication close to 3 years ago. I know at that time I was having some stress, and I had gone to the er at least once with chest pains, and I ended up getting placed on this medication. When I went to the dr. a while back, she asked me why I took myself off of this medication, and I told her because my numbers were better and I thought I was good to go . Needless to say, she put me back on it, with 2 doses a day (this was back in April or May). I took it for a few days then quit taking it until about 5 days ago . Anyway, I was not feeling good for the rest of last night, but did take my medicine, and will take it again this morning. I madeone of my BFFs and my fiance a promise that I would take it like I am supposed to, although I am not feeling good/feeling right from it . Thanks for your help. I wish I could be more help to you about it.

When you say your numbers were better...do you mean your blood pressure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes maam . Since I have been back on my meds (about 5 days) my numbers are sometimes high, but not like they were, and I just don't feel right - Feel nauseous, a slight amount of pressure, and sometimes I feel like I have a little difficulty breathing. However, regardless of this, I am still trying to do all of my everyday activities. Thanks for all your help

Would you consider calling your Dr about this or have you done so already?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not called yet but wanted to try and keep an eye on it for a little while longer. I also sometimes feel week. Do yo u think this is all due to me trying to get the medicine back into my system or something different ?

I honestly am not sure. Your symptoms are not typical of someone who is just starting a beta blocker for high blood pressure....some of them could be related to the starting of the new medication but you have a lot of symptoms and unfortunately they can all be cardiac related. I would go see the prescriber of this medication and let them do a EKG at the least...to rule out anything cardiac. Some fatigue and some shortness of breath can be normal with a beta blocker (shortness of breath in those who have asthma) but not so much ALL of these symptoms combined.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you SO very much Nurse Milli for all of your input and opinions. I know I do not have asthma (as far as my cause of shortness of breath or difficulty breathing) . Thanks again and have a wonderful day

You're welcome and glad I could help. Do let me know if you go to the Dr and what transpires.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. I just wanted to give you an update on me . As you know, I have been having issues with my BP/HR and not feeling well. On Thursday and Friday of this past week, I didn't feel "right", and didn't feel well. However, I still continued to do my everyday routine. Long story short, I was laying down in bed next to my fiance on Friday night when I had what I call an "episode" . What I experienced was my chest feeling "funky" , and feeling nauseous, as well as a weird feeling in my chest that went through my whole body, which in turn caused me to be unable to move, breathe, and see nothing but blackness and ringing in my ears. I ended up going to the ER, and the DR said everything was pretty normal, except for my mouth looking real dry, and my glucose being slightly elevated (but only by a couple of numbers), as well as a slight fever. I ended up going home a while later, but I have been worn out and exhausted ever since. I just wanted to give you an update. Have a good evening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. I had a question that I really need some help with. Yesterday morning (December 27) , I woke up out of a good sleep and started vomiting very bad, and it went on for almost 5 hours (from about 2:15am until amost 7am) , and in between all of the vomiting I had ALOT of bad dry-heaving. I didn't eat anything at all yeaterday, and ate a small amount today. However, I have noticed today that anytime I cough at all, It really hurts in my chest area (almost in the same area as I felt my dry heaving), and sometimes it will radiate to my neck. What does this sound like to you ? Please help - I am SO miserable

Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and good evening.

I'm sorry to learn about your recent sickness.

Dry heaving can cause your muscles in your back and chest to become strained and this can cause the pain and aching in your chest and in your back.

Esophagitis can also cause pain the chest after episodes of vomiting. Esophagitis is inflammation of the esophagus.

Try keeping a bland diet and see if this helps.

If it doesn't improve soon, you may have to get examined by a Gastroenterologist.

Also, taking something like Maalox may help soothe the esophagus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Nurse Milli . My throat (esophagus) is not burning or anything - it is mainly my chest area . I will try to keep an eye on it and s see waht happens. I figured it may be the result of all my dry heaving Thursday morning .

I would imagine it is from all the dry heaving. Is it any better today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It still hurts today. I just woke up not too long ago, but when I have coughed, it still hurts, and will still go up to my neck sometimes. I know I have not had much of an appetite since I vomited and had all the dry heaves on Thursday. I didn't have anything except diet sprite on Thursday, and as for yesterday, I just had diet sprite, and a small amount of mashed potatoes and a couple of slices of garlic bread and then late last night for dinner I had a small baked potato. Still don't have much of an appetite. I noticed last night that even if I laid flat on my back, it would still hurt (even if i didn't cough)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nurse MIlli - I don't know if this would mean anything either or not, but I noticed that after I ate my potatoes and bread yesterday morning (and the small baked potato last night), I felt worse after I ate. I didn't know if this meant anything or not, but wanted to let you know.

Sounds like you've either had food poisoning or a bad stomach virus. And it may take you a while to feel yourself again.

Keep up your bland diet a few more days. Your body will let you know when it's ready to resume a normal diet.

Your dry heaving could have also irritated some nerves in your neck and upper back as well. But your sore chest is most likely from the hard dry heaving. Take warm showers and allow yourself time to rest today and tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Nurse Milli. I called out from work on Thursday and stayed home Thursday and Friday, and go back to work today. However, I had not eaten anything different than normal, and I didn't have any diahrea at all - just vomiting and horrible dry heaves. So in your opinion, is it safe to say that you think I might have esophagitis ?

It's possible you could still have had a stomach virus though. Some stomach viruses won't cause diarrhea, only vomiting - and lots of it.

I would have to guess either esophagitis or your chest muscles or just strained or pulled from the repeated heavy dry heaves.

I hope your work day goes well today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you SO very much, Nurse Milli . I will try to keep an eye on it for a few more days and go from there I guess. Thanks again and I hope you ahve a wonderful New Year

You are so welcome! I hope you feel better soon!

Happy New Years to you too!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, and I will keep you updated in a few days to let you know how things are going. I DID notice that on Thursday (the day I was sick) that all day long my right side was hurting and I couldn't get comfortable - even with heat on it. I am guessing it was due in part to my excessive dry heaving as well ? The pain is now gone, but it was hurting bad the other day

When you say right sided pain, do you mean lower right side (appendix area)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. Just a quick question/update . I DID go back to work yesterday (Saturday) , but often felt like I shouldn't have gone back. I started feeling bad again, but eventually pushed past it. I still don't have a total appetite yet, but I am TRYING to eat a little more each day. It seems like I tend to feel better when I DON'T eat, adn sometimes feel worse after I eat anything. I have also noticed the last 4 days (ever since the morning of the vomiting) , anytime I use the bathroom and produce a stool, I have noticed that my stool is yellowish in color. Combined with everything I have stated, is there anything to be worried about ? I am just curious to know . Please let me know. Thank you

Well, at this point, you should be feeling like your old self again....perhaps not as much energy but nonetheless your old self.

I would make an appointment with my regular dr and go in for a check up. Your symptoms could represent normal findings but it's hard for me to tell you a certain yes or no over the internet.

Given the length of time you have been feeling poorly, your chest symptoms and now you still don't feel like yourself plus your other symptoms, I would have to advise you to get a check up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nurse Milli,

Hello and Good Evening. I'm still not feeling like 100% , but I am STILL trying to go full throttle. My first day back at work I tried to go back full throttle. I was just curious about my stool color and how it has been like that since my "episode" on Thursday morning. I am just curious. I am the type of person that even if I am sick for a day (which is NOT that often), I STILL try and go back full throttle the very next day . I appreciate your help and advice. Have a Happy New Year. I will keep you updated (IF you would like ) . You have been so helpful .