Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Ive had these dry, mildly itchy and kind of feeling-less areas

I've had these dry, mildly itchy and kind of feeling-less areas for over 2 years and it seems to have spread from the foreskin to the glans in the past 6 months...hasn't become red or swollen at all ever....just a bit worried it might be something serious. I occasionally experience a mild burning during the initial morning urination and sometimes also after urinating after ejaculation. The affected area looks like there is something under the skin...like raised areas..I dont know...i've got some decent pictures of it...i don't know how to put them up...any ideas would be greatly helpful and appreciated.

I was treated for what they call sun fungus on my chest....little red itchy spots 3-5mm in size..i was prescribed cyclopirox for it...they went away after about 4 weeks, but 2 months later they came back...is it possible i have some type of yeast infection or could it be HPV?

Dr. Singh :

Hello

Dr. Singh :

Dry itching areas on the penis lasting for several months or years, indicate a possible lichen sclerosis with is an immune skin condition. A fungal infection is a possibility as well.

Dr. Singh :

For lichen sclerosis, treatment is generally with steroid creams. You will need to see a dermatologist. Adding photos online would not be of help as you need an examination and possibly a skin scraping evaluation under the microscope for evaluation. Then the treatment can be prescribed. So please see a dermatologist in your area.

Dr. Singh :

questions?

Customer:

Ok...thank you. I will give that a shot! Much appreciated

Customer:

Nope...that pretty much sums it up! Thanks!

Dr. Singh :

you are welcome. All the best. Please "accept" when done.