RNMAD1, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years of licensed nursing with 22 years in home health, specializing in wound care, IV therapy, and ostomy care.

Got a antifreeze burn on the side of my face

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  RNMAD1 replied 4 years ago.
I hope I can help you. An antifreeze burn is very similar to any other chemical "burn". It should be treated like any burn.
The surface area should be first cleansed with normal saline that can be bought over the counter. Distilled water or water that has been boiled and cooled will do.
Then a topical ointment for burns should be applied and the wound covered not too tight with soft gauze.
Change the gauze every day until the redness goes away.
If the redness does not start to go away in a few days it might be the sign of an infection and I would suggest you see an MD.
Expert:  RNMAD1 replied 4 years ago.
I noticed you rated my answer as "ok" I wish you would reconsider that and raise it and also Accept my answer so I can get credit. With the little info you provided that was all I could say.
If you have some more specifics on your injury I could be more specific with my answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it burn my face so my skin begi
To peel so what I do now for it to heal an get
My color back?
Expert:  RNMAD1 replied 4 years ago.
So when did this happen? Have you seen doctor? If you were to follow my original directions you would begin the healing process.
If you could post picture I will give you explicit directions.
Expert:  RNMAD1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi please update me with your situation so i may help.