Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My two dogs both have ringworm. How long is it contagious

My two dogs both have ringworm. How long is it contagious to humans
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The dogs will remain infectious (able to transmit it to another person) as long as the ringworm fungus remains present in the skin lesion. The ringworm fungus is no longer present when the lesion starts to shrink.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Just want to add that :Since your dog has been infected with ringworm, it is important to thoroughly disinfect the home to rid the environment of any remaining fungal spores after treatment.

I hope my answer has helped you.