Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Since when is this happening?
Were any investigations done?
Are you on any medications or supplements?
Any significant past medical history or family history?
This has been happening for a week now. There were no investigations done and the supplements I'm taking, I began taking after this problem occured. How ever I was taking a greenlife green food supplement when this began but I've taken it before and this has never occured. I'm always taking one supplement or another and I have no significant medical history that I'm aware of. I also must note that while my skin feels like bugs/spider webs are crawling on it, there is an actual itchiness in my armpits. i'm not sure if it's connected or not.
Hello Tiye,I am sorry for delay in answer. I was on another question. I apologize for your wait.Since your symptoms have been only for a week, the very likely cause is an allergy, with no obvious manifestations except itching crawling sensation. Sometimes it is difficult to determine as an exact cause and relationship are absent. Following measures may be helpful;
1) Avoid exposure to heat and humidity.
2) Use moisturizer, if you feel that your skin is dry.
3) You can also try skin-soothing oatmeal or cornstarch.
4) Wear cool, light, loose bedclothes. Do not wear rough clothing, particularly wool.
5) Calamine lotion may help.
The causes to look for:
1) Dry skin; happens in winter months; baby Johnson oil or any moisturizer would help.
2) Skin allergy
3) Kidney, liver disease; not common.If this persists, you many need to consult an allergy specialist and undergo the skin allergy tests and invitro (blood) tests.The other possibility to look for would be neuropathy, which may occur due to vitamin B 12 deficiency and a blood work is necessary to determine it. Neuropathy can be caused by following;
1) Diabetes2) An underactive thyroid gland3) Excessive use of alcohol4) Thiamine deficiency5) Vitamin B 12 deficiency (pernicious anemia)6) Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) taken in excessive amounts7) Drugs, medications, herbs8) Autoimmune diseases9) Heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
An extensive testing usually is recommended, if these symptoms are persisting for two weeks or more.Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply." Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.