Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Hi, i had an unprotected sex last week, what test shall i take

Hi, i had an unprotected sex last week, what test shall i take to check if im infected to any STD. At the same time, when shall i take the test?

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

I suggest you visit your local planned parenthood or your primary care physician (if you feel comfortable) and request to be tested for the following std's: gonorrhea, chlamydia, HIV, syphilis and hepatitis.

A sample of your blood is needed to test for HIV,hepatitis and syphilis. Gonorrhea, chlamydia is tested by a urine sample.

You should have this testing done immediately. This way, you can start treating any infections you may have and avoid infecting other partners.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thaks Doctor,

I'm was having flu without fever on Sunday and getting better by today. Is the flu any sign of something?

Some std's do exhibit flu like symptoms, so it is best to get screened right away. Best of luck to you!