Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Male has no feeling during orgasm

Male has no feeling during orgasm
Just for clarification--you ejaculate but have no orgasmic feeling? How long has this been going on and what has your doctor said about it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is correct. Has been a prob for arnd a yr and getting terribly worse. Dr has no explanation. Says cld b in my head.

Why the hormone replacement and the estrogen blocker? Was that prescribed for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Testosterone dropped below norm and estrogen went to high. Urologist prescribed
So you have low testosterone levels? Did the supplement bring them up to normal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes they are in normal range for months now and I'm still dealing with this feeling problem
And this is the case both with sex and with masturbation? And you mentioned something that sounded as though maybe it was suggested you see a therapist for this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No therapist. Will feeling return? What can I do?
So it doesn't happen even with masturbation? And did it just suddenly happen one day--everything was fine and then boom? No therapist meaning none was suggested or did you mean that it was suggested but you don't think it'd be a good idea?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nearly no feeling. Happens gradually over period of year along with testostrone problems. No therapist was suggested. Dr. Just didn't have answer. I have never had any sexual problems before this. Testosterone levels were above norm and had intense orgasm.
OK--Any other medical conditions or medications? Any problems with vision, balance, or any numbness anywhere else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Numbness in hand when sleep. No other meds or health probs. good shape. Work out everyday. No dizziness and had eyes checked, fine.
Just one last question--did you have prolactin levels checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe I did and was normal but not sure
OK. We've basically gone through all the possible physical causes of this--diabetes, low testosterone, elevated prolactin levels. And without a back injury or something like multiple sclerosis (which I don't think you have), basicalky all that's left is what's called ejaculatory anhedonia and it is basically a psychological problem, something like a combination of depression and anxiety. I suggest you see a clinical PhD psychologist expert in sexual disorders and begin therapy. It may be that medications like SSRI's may help here, but I think therapy should come first.