Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Is it ok to cover my fentanyl patch with hypafix Tape?

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

Yes, it is ok to use Hypafix Tape to cover the patch. A lot of patients find this tape most effective in keeping the patch in place.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I started with my first patch long does it take to start working? Thank you for your help, now I won't be worring while trying to sleep:)
You should start to feel some relief within 8 hours of applying your first patch. It will begin to work well after 12 hours...

Best of luck to you!
Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. Or If you have further questions-feel free to ask.