Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

hi, Im an 18 year old male. This weekend I had sex with a woman

hi, Im an 18 year old male. This weekend I had sex with a woman who's history I'm unaware of. The following day I had a irritated area that seemed to turn into a single red lump. This lump began to look like a pimple or ingrown hair however had no white or black head. I squeezed the red lump and a small amount of white puss came out as if it were a pimple. after doing that however it got a little bigger and is now a little sensitive to the touch. i was wondering weather or not this is an STD or simply a clogged pore.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

Are there any other bumps/irritations/rashes in your genital area besides what you have described? Have you had any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No there are no other rashes or irritations and the only other symptom would be that the area was a bit itchy aswell
It could simply be an ingrown hair, infected follicle or just dry skin.

However, to be safe, I would schedule an appointment for std screening. You can do so at your local Planned Parenthood if you would rather not see your primary care physician about this.

Another option- A lot of drug stores now carry std screening kits that are faily inexpensive and very accurate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX would I seem to have contained with the information i supplied you. also the risen area if not touched or irritated seems to go down to a flatter surface but remains a bit red.

Based on your description of the irritated area, there are a number of STD's that could cause this kind of reaction. The most likely/common are HPV and Herpes.

I wouldn't rush to diagnose you with an STD just based on one small bump though. It's likely just irritated skin and not an STD.

Make sure to get tested anyway though, just to be safe!